hello from an rc'er

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
hey guys. i found your site when googling areas for sand dunes etc... i dont have a dirtbike or ride my snowmobile very much. and my father in law owns the quad. but i do have a remote controlled car called a baja 5b. it is a 1/5th scale dune buggy with a 23cc 2- stroke motor. weighs about 25 lbs and is 32" long and about 16" wide. ride height is about 2 inches. anyway what i am looking for is sand dunes, dirt trails or anything of the like. fair size jumps. basically all the same stuff that dirtbikers look for. i do not like to run in grass though as it plugs up the air cooled portion of my motor. i would like to find a place close to edmonton, i myself live in morinville. i'll post a pic of what my "ride" looks like so you could hazzard a guess at what type of area i am looking for. as well if you want some more info about my hobby feel free to contact me on the forum. thanks

adam

Attachments

• baja 5b.jpg
    baja 5b.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 159

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Welcome Aboard... There Are A Few Rc'er's On This Site... And There Was Even One For Sale In The Classifieds Section. What Is The Real Speed Of That Monster?? I Must Say It Is One Of The Bigger Rc's I've Seen. Doo You Belong To A Club??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Plumbum, welcome aboard.

I just got my first Nitro RC Vehicle off e-bay a couple weeks ago, and I've broken it already, I might have to get in touch with you as to where to run it, and who can help me rebuild the recoil starter on the engine!

Once again, Welcome

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
thanks for the welcome. do you guys know about the vinca bridge area. is there actuall sand dunes there? and tyler. there is a club which i am a member of called radio control racers edmonton. they ghave a track by the sherwood park freeway and hwy14. as for pullstarts i never really rebuilt mine. if mine broke i just bought another one. the spring was usaully toast. but it can be rebuilt ig you want.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i went to the vica bridge area. WOW. baja heaven. i played around for about 2 hours unitl i drove it into a deep puddle. man was that a blast. put the paddles on as soon as i got there. 15 foot rooster tails. jumps and all the like.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went to the vica bridge area. WOW. baja heaven. i played around for about 2 hours unitl i drove it into a deep puddle. man was that a blast. put the paddles on as soon as i got there. 15 foot rooster tails. jumps and all the like.

I wonder if the cops are going to ticket you for insurance and registration as well??:cool:

tekim:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site I too was/am an Rc'er they have been boxed for 2 years now just haven't had the time. I have the Traxxas Nitro Rustler, E-Maxx, 1/8 Nitro buggy(GS Storm), and 2 Mini-T's.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
well i am in the process of organizing a rc bash day out there. SANDBASH 2007!!! anybody is free to come. no addminssion!!!! lol. and adam's plumbing heating &a/c(554-2018) will be sponsoring the event with free food and drinks. as well i have another sponsor for the event. RAMTech rc. rob will be sending some items up as giveaways. i was thinking of best hillclimb or most extreme jump. something like that anyway. if you were ever interested in what rc is you should come and check it out. i may even let you try out m,y baja. modified and sand paddles. woo hoo.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
well it was a blast guys. and most of the quaders dirt bikers etc... were great had a couple of idiots but you gte that everywhere. most specifically 2 teenage girls bombing around on 1 quad. everybody but them slowed down when passing the vehicles and people. as well they had no helmets, probably didnt want to mess thier hair, which 45 mph wind didnt seem to do. and we had some guys bring out thier rc's as well. glad to see you make it. and we had some quad spectators too. i belive some took advantage of the free bbq. your welcome. lol. i know i myself have a hardtime turning down a free bbq burger.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a bunch of us were dirt biking in bruderhime last weekend and saw that a rc club was having races in one of the pits. man do those things rip.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
you saw us. yes that was my little event called sandbash 2007. organized bashing. it was definatelt fun but you guys leave alot of rutts for us little guys.lol. which ones did you see. the bigger size dunebuggy looking ones or the litlle nitro ones.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were the guys on bikes that pulled into that little dune when you guys were finishing up.
I just bought the one that was for sale on here from mrcoops. I love these things, thier crazy!!

Top Bottom