Heli fuel dumps

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can any one on here give me the gov contact where i can start to voice my concerns over heli refueling tanks such as the one out at pleasent lake. These tanks dont appear to be double walled, they have no contaiments around them. they appear to be a enviromental concern. Time to start making their lives difficult.

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Great observation, what is the name of the heli-ski operation in this area. I am going to send e-mails to these companies with our concern of the environmental impact of an aviation fuel leak. It is law in Alberta for oil and gas leases have a containment around their tanks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cmh in valemount had a fuel leak in their backcountry cabin last week. that quietly went away. probly took the environmentalists for a heliski.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
word of caution when getting into a pi$$ing contest. Don't Pi$$ into the wind. I suggest this be done tactfully, and with a well thought out strategy with pictures and supporting evidence.

Shortcut

Reaction score
All fuel storage tanks are covered by the Fire Code, and PTMAA. Yes a tank such as this is to be double walled. Best bet is to contact the local Fire Marshall in your Municipality. If no response you may want to contact the governments representative that handles the fire discipline. Don't know about BC, but the email address for a question you need an answer is safety.services@gov.ab.ca This will be forwarded onto the appropriate person there who can answer any questions you may have in regards to this, or put you in touch with the right person.

Hope this helps.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you got pics, before it gets there able to fix the problem.

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just remember some of those caches are there for emergency purposes . eg ; doing a medi vac and running low on fuel . just some food for thought .

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the 80s,we came onto a bunch of 45 gall drums of Jet B fuel;,back in Virginia Hills , one of the Morons took some for his Arctic Cat...he didnt make it home.!
if it would have been Av Gas, he would have.but Jet B is more like Kerosene.its didnt hurt his motor. hes been ribbed about this ever since.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just remember some of those caches are there for emergency purposes . eg ; doing a medi vac and running low on fuel . just some food for thought .

Whether it is for emergency purposes or not is irelevent. 5000 liters of petroleum stored in a watershed needs to be properly safegaurded against leaks or vandilism.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the 80s,we came onto a bunch of 45 gall drums of Jet B fuel;,back in Virginia Hills , one of the Morons took some for his Arctic Cat...he didnt make it home.!
if it would have been Av Gas, he would have.but Jet B is more like Kerosene.its didnt hurt his motor. hes been ribbed about this ever since.

Maybe he should be ribbed for being a thief....

Top Bottom