Heated Grip Wiring

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know which wire is for high and which for low on an 03 rmk600. One wire is blue and the other is blue/red.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know which wire is for high and which for low on an 03 rmk600. One wire is blue and the other is blue/red.
I don`t know, but couldn`t you hook a volt meter up to the wires and test the voltage or amps on each wire. There should be a resister in one of them that makes heated grips run low.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blue is low, and the blue/red is high, at least on a 02 rmk but image the same on 03 too

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blue is low, and the blue/red is high, at least on a 02 rmk but image the same on 03 too

I have a 99 and according to the manual for the 99 blue is high and blue/red is low. Is it possible they reversed the wiring since then? Just my 2 cents.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the wiring schematic they could send me a pic of, it seems now that I have other issues, My brake light switch doesn't work and I have thumb warmer but not grips and I have high beam switch but no reverse, I was extending the wiring for the riser and I'm wondering if lost a ground or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a manual with wire diagram for an 02 rmk but nothing big enough to scan it on, oh yeah I have also a disk for an 04 rmk if I can find it I will post the wire diagram

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

Hey 'Shoppingcart111' .... On a 2002 800 RMK, The Blue/Red is high, Thus making Blue low. One would think the same for you.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are ever looking for part numbers or diagrams goto cycleworks, then shopping then parts finder, everything but electrical diagram- had no luck finding my 04 rmk disk. but if i ever find it i will post it for you

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone, I got a photocopy of the schematic from Gaudins in Beaverlodge, was passing through. Now I just hope I can fiqure it out, there's no real reason why it doesn't work. All grounds are contected I only lengthed the wire for bar riser and to clean them up, got rid of the trailer type plugs.

Top Bottom