Healey Creek Mine trail, Triune Mine trail

donj

Reaction score
Hello, curious as to whether the trail has been reapaired going up to Healy Creek Mine ? We tried last year but had sluffed down into a gorge, and we were leary of taking it...also if anyone has been into Triune mine, and what shape that trail is in?? Plannng a ride there in the next couple of weeks, Thanks!

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you make it to Trout lake? Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. We were into Healy Aug '13 and was passable on quads but needed some more digging to get a sxs thru. As for Triune last time up was quite a few years ago, - '06 I think but I heard there was a slough last year that needed a lot of work. Too bad, that's one great trail and the view from the mine and above is incredible!

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics from '06

Attachments

• Triune%20adit1.jpg
    Triune%20adit1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Triune%20trail%20from%20hell.jpg
    Triune%20trail%20from%20hell.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Trout%20Lake%20Triune%20trail%20Kev%20Ryan%202%20025.jpg
    Trout%20Lake%20Triune%20trail%20Kev%20Ryan%202%20025.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 254
  • Triune%20view%20of%20trail%20to%20glacier2.jpg
    Triune%20view%20of%20trail%20to%20glacier2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 240
  • Trout%20Lake%20Triune%20trail%20kev%20stuck2023.jpg
    Trout%20Lake%20Triune%20trail%20kev%20stuck2023.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 266

donj

Reaction score
Did you make it to Trout lake? Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. We were into Healy Aug '13 and was passable on quads but needed some more digging to get a sxs thru. As for Triune last time up was quite a few years ago, - '06 I think but I heard there was a slough last year that needed a lot of work. Too bad, that's one great trail and the view from the mine and above is incredible!

Hi I was just on here looking around and now I see your reply, we went there again this fall and late on our last day I took our group up the Healt trail, looked much better like someone had reapired the washout, unfortunately it was too late to continue on..one fellow we had talked to at Trout Lake said that there was a tree across the trail further up that a ATV could get under but probably not a sxs, we also had found the trail to Triune but only got maybe a 3rd of the way in as again the trail was overgrown in and peeps were nervous about continuing on, I can see where a dirt bike or quad would be better for the tighter trails...we are from Rocky mOuntain hOuse and do a ton of riding here but its getting pounded from overuse and the BC riding is beautiful and we like the mountain trails as yea its rocky but at least not a bunch of skeg lol..looking to go back to Trout this later summer again, still haven't see it all...by the looks of your pics you have been alot of places, where else do you recommend for a similar experience? Thanks,Don J

Top Bottom