Headwall- Kimberley

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headwall trail is now busted in!!! Not much snow through the rock piles and headwall...but it got done today!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awsome broke a trail into closed area because of caribou, that should help the club out lots...

Headwall isn't part of the Caribou closure. Open to the lake above Hunters dam. Closed beyond the lake.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that it is closed beyond the lake. Took some tough negotiating to keep that much open.

matm8snopro

Reaction score
ohh, just closed beyond the lake. thanks for the info. I was told it was all closed so I haven't been there in years. sorry for the misleading info.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closed areas for transplanted animals , dumbest thing ever

The closures were in place long before the transplants happened. The transplants all got eaten....well, a couple died for other reasons, but most were eaten. The resident herd hasn't changed though. Been sitting at 14 animals for about 5 years now.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohh, just closed beyond the lake. thanks for the info. I was told it was all closed so I haven't been there in years. sorry for the misleading info.

The City of Kimberley would like it closed.....but that has nothing to do with Caribou.

matm8snopro

Reaction score
Would the town of Kimberley be able to get it closed? Would it be easy for them or more trouble then its worth? Just curious... I have heard of ther water shed being closed to prevent contamination in the drinking water.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, they would. The real question is will they. The only reason we didn't agree to a closure in the original land use negotiations was because the government wouldn't agree to a total recreational access restriction. Watershed protection isn't a motorized issue, it's a human issue. It only takes one person to contaminate a watershed, and it makes no difference whether they rode in or walked in. This was the statement from a watershed expert that came to one of the meetings I was at. Both motorized and non-motorized representatives were willing to agree to stay out, but government bureaucrats wouldn't allow us to restrict walk in access.....and we weren't willing to agree to exclusive non-motorized access.

Top Bottom