Head Porting

toysplus

Reaction score
:confused:Any Rhino 700 owners have any head porting done locally, looking for feedback on results, quality, performance etc.

toysplus

Reaction score
:confused:c'mon guys somerbody must have done something, I didn't want to be the guinea pig. You not there AWTY, haven't touched on this.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:c'mon guys somerbody must have done something, I didn't want to be the guinea pig. You not there AWTY, haven't touched on this.

Haven't done it to my 660,.. when the 660 goes and I have enough money she be getting a rotax,.. unless of course we see a yamaha v-twin in the future.

But if you are going to port +1 or +2 valves, you might as well do a cam as well.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Rhino, it's slow. Get used to it or be prepared to open your wallet big. I wouldn't wast my time porting the head on Rhino unless it was in conjunction with a big bore/stroker. The small ports/carb/airbox (arewethereyet will love this) are by design to generate lot's of vacuum and velocity. This translates into low end torque to help the underpowered Rhino get moving. On a Raptor you can get away with big cams, carb and porting because the low end torque isn't an issue, top end power is what you are after.
See many tunnel rams or ported big valve heads on a dump truck?

toysplus

Reaction score
The porting is in conjunction with a bb kit, +1 valves, heavy springs and cam. I just did not want to have to send the head down to the US where they appear to know what they are doing.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd bite the bullet and get one from the states. Those sand guys have been playing with the Rhino's for a long time and know what works. I'd try Weller or Trinity. I think they both have exchange heads also.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well toys I haven't done anything to my rhino yet but I can tell you that I had some head porting and a high-flow valve seat cut done for my CRF250R by Ronin Motorcycle Works in Sylvan Lake. Top-notch work, quick turnaround, resonably priced, and it made a big difference in power.

Albertan

Reaction score
I'd bite the bullet and get one from the states. Those sand guys have been playing with the Rhino's for a long time and know what works. I'd try Weller or Trinity. I think they both have exchange heads also.

I'd also talk to Chris at Benchmark. That's who I discussed porting and larger TBs with. He knows what he's talking about.

EDIT: Just saw this was brought back from the dead. Anyways, Chris is good to talk to.

Top Bottom