Head lights on new GMC's

ABOMB177

Reaction score
So they are just bulb replacements for the factory ones ?
Found it thanks . I will order some unless you know someone that handles them in canada ?

So after a very productive night shift of reaserch I have found several groups that tried LED bulbs in the projectors and they dont improve lighting much due to the fact that they have the light source on the sides. The LED's work amazing for guys with reflective housings though. HID's are probably the way to go.

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this kit just use the factory wire harness? Im also assuming the 2014 1500 light kit would be the same for 2015 hd's?

It's a plug and play kit. It comes with a wiring harness, but there is no cutting or splicing involved. You do need to order the anti-flicker module as well. As far as using LED bulbs, I researched that as well and couldn't find an LED bulb to replace the 9012LL that the GMC uses. The kit I installed in a 2015 GMC HD was listed for a '14 1500 GMC. They both use the 9012LL bulbs.

Edit: I've been told Chevys use different bulbs than GMCs, so none of this info applies for Chev owners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 9006 will work in place of a 9012. I have 9012 bulbs in place of my trucks 9006's. You have to trim one tab on a 9012 so it fits and going the other way the 9006 will go in no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

butters

Reaction score
Who do you buy this anti flicker module from? I have a friend who just installed the bulbs and it flickers like crazy. I also ordered bulbs but haven't picked them up yet

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I found for my hid's what they call a flicker module is just a relay that runs direct power from the battery to the ballasts. The stock harness only flips the relay to open current from the battery to the lights.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Bright Source HID kit I installed has a power relay, but also has an anti-flicker module that prevents flickering and codes being set by the vehicle's bulb monitor system.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Bright Source HID kit I installed has a power relay, but also has an anti-flicker module that prevents flickering and codes being set by the vehicle's bulb monitor system.

So installed Bright Source and easy install.
Start up truck and check engine light is on ? Frig
Unplugged the mass air flow to remove air box but reinstalled and plugged it back in.
That was the only think other than the stock head lights.
Bright Source work great but can't see why check engine light came on?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine light went out but had to add the anti flicker module.
No big deal and the lights are a lot better than the stock halogens .
Haven't been bright lighted yet so are okay for on coming traffic.

Top Bottom