Have you cleaned your eavestrough's?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Have you cleaned your eavestrough's yet?

I went up to do mine, they were 1/2 filled with mud and pine needles. All the scupplers at the ends were plugged or almost plugged, and one of my downspouts was plugged just letting some water through. Now I don't have to listen to the water going over top and running down all over. I guess the people that owned this before never knew that you have to clean these.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
We are in the middle of moving and was at the new house today unpacking the trailer when a rain cloud hit us and I noticed that almost all of the evestroughs were piling over the sides. The one down spout was bone dry nothing coming out of it. I suppose that will be one of my first tasks when we get all our stuff moved.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats funny as I just did that today as well at my office. Just installed them last fall and I could not believe one hole to the downspout was plugged solid already. I am thinking into looking at those covers that go over them to prevent crap plugging them up.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats funny as I just did that today as well at my office. Just installed them last fall and I could not believe one hole to the downspout was plugged solid already. I am thinking into looking at those covers that go over them to prevent crap plugging them up.

I never had much luck with those covers..:(...Do they actually work? Or is there a style that someone used that is effective? :confused:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My house is surrounded in poplar trees so I have to clean out my plugged gutters every spring. I had that job. :(

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never had much luck with those covers..:(...Do they actually work? Or is there a style that someone used that is effective? :confused:

to be honest I dont know anyone that has them installed but the commercials on TV sure make them look good! :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
to be honest I dont know anyone that has them installed but the commercials on TV sure make them look good! :d

Most adds on TV make things look good.....just have to remember "who can we suck in next or how many can we suck in this time?" with regards to all the ad time on the tube....

Hell, they even make Dodge and Ford trucks, Yamies, Cats, and Poos, WalMart, CT and Home Hardware all look good.....just saying

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most adds on TV make things look good.....just have to remember "who can we suck in next or how many can we suck in this time?" with regards to all the ad time on the tube....

Hell, they even make Dodge and Ford trucks, Yamies, Cats, and Poos, WalMart, CT and Home Hardware all look good.....just saying

so your saying the McDonald's burgers are not as good as they look in the commercials? :d:d:beer::beer:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

easy on the fords & cats now

Top Bottom