Hauling a skid steer in a dump trailer

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have hauled bobcats for over 20 years and never took out a window from a rock maybe lucky another question who blocks the exhaust with a rag when they haul it backwards so the turbo dosnt spin I never have and never taking a turbo out

When I first started hauling a skid steer, I always put a plastic pop bottle in the exhaust, it fit really well on my case. Truth be told, I got lazy after a while and got tired of picking it up off the ground when I forgot to take it out before I started it. Never had an issue with turbos.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have hauled bobcats for over 20 years and never took out a window from a rock maybe lucky another question who blocks the exhaust with a rag when they haul it backwards so the turbo dosnt spin I never have and never taking a turbo out
I always heard that but never seen it done. I have how ever plugged the exhaust when is snowing bad cause I have seen the mufflers fill with snow. And my cousin took out the window on a john deere once from a rock.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haul my S300 around in a 7x14 tandom axel dump trailer. Works slick, easy in and out. I don't even get in to chain up, all done from the outside with ease.
Long story short, I buggered up the hitch on my 18' deck over trailer that I haul my skid steer on and I think its going to be a total loss. When hauling snow, I have a single axle dump truck with a 7'x14' box I use to pull the trailer and when just piling snow I pull the trailer with my F350. I am concidering selling the dump truck and replacing the trailer with a 7'x14' or 16' dump trailer. I am afraid it may be a pain in the a$$ to work with as I usually unload, load and chain down 3-4 times in an evening. Any one running a set up like this?

Top Bottom