Haulin rzr 800s

scrub

Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 RZR 800s. Anyone hauled one on a sled deck on a shortbox. By measurements it would be very tight for length on a 7' deck. Have a bumper pull holiday trailer and still want to haul my dirt bike as well.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My artic cat trail is 9 ft long so I had to get the deck extention. The weight is mostly in rear so backing it on is a must. I had the hitch support made because even the lighter front flexes the middle of the extention more than I thought would be safe. Trailers for me are not possible with this setup.
439c44108b2b0eee80450fa5f37af39a.jpg
712e0e5ac7c36646f914a87aabc36724.jpg
f11524518e4aaed33e373f4ff694f201.jpg

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 900 on my longbox 104" deck. Unless you can get the front end of your rzr up and over the headache, I'm thinking a 7' deck is going to come up quite a bit short for towing a holiday trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_2805 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2805 (1024x768).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 404

thejean

Reaction score
I have a Full Lotus deck that I bought in Vernon for my 1000. Works awesome.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks big time

Figured it could happen, never seen a pic of it tho

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that an adjustable width ramp? Kinda looks like it? If not for all those welds to break at once is crazy, I could see one or 2 welds but not all. Aluminum welding should be left to professional welders not backyard welders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that an adjustable width ramp? Kinda looks like it? If not for all those welds to break at once is crazy, I could see one or 2 welds but not all. Aluminum welding should be left to professional welders not backyard welders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't all welders use lick n stick

thejean

Reaction score
Around 14'. But most of the RZR weight is down low in the back so it's surprisingly stable when driving. Camper keeps everything nice and stable as well.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around 14'. But most of the RZR weight is down low in the back so it's surprisingly stable when driving. Camper keeps everything nice and stable as well.
You do realize that the max height allowed by DOT is 13' 6"?

Dont try running that rig by Valemont or Golden scales, they will nail you. Golden and most scales in BC now have auto height lasers on the road and know your height long before you reach the scales. When your in the shack a real nice loud alarm goes off to notify the boys that an over height is coming. Its not so much the ticket, its the fact that they will make sure your running legal height before you can leave. Parked on the spot.

Last edited:

thejean

Reaction score
You do realize that the max height allowed by DOT is 13' 6"?

Dont try running that rig by Valemont or Golden scales, they will nail you. Golden and most scales in BC now have auto height lasers on the road and know your height long before you reach the scales. When your in the shack a real nice loud alarm goes off to notify the boys that an over height is coming. Its not so much the ticket, its the fact that they will make sure your running legal height before you can leave. Parked on the spot.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll measure next time I've got it up there. I came back from vernon with it up there, went right by the golden scale and never had any issues so I might be just under.

Edit: I know he also consulted with DOT when building these so probably made sure they would be ok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom