Hats off to the FSA

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Re: Hats off to the FSA, not so much the Elk Valley club

So... Though I'm not involved at all in this issue I have read the thread and find it interesting there are 2 seeming competing groups involved but neither actually want to voice their opinion one way or the other. Or to elaborate on this whole situation?

Weird. Normally one or the other would be chiming in with their end but in this case both seem to happy just leaving all these in answers questions

Jvl

Reaction score
Didn't say I left the ski hill altogether. My winter leisure time is split 50/50 sledding and skiing. You seemed to miss my point about the ski hill...it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it except live with it or go do something else. Sledding is exactly the same thing...it is what it is...people are going to come sledding no matter what you think, ya just gotta deal with it. Besides this years weather, my enjoyment of sledding has not diminished in the last 15 years. Lots of room and powder for everyone's enjoyment.

Some of the so called Locals gotta get over it...quit whining and enjoy your sport.

PS: don't think I ever mentioned how many years you have to live in Fernie to be a local. I think people that put timelines on being a local have some kind of chip on their shoulder...get over it.

when you said the ski hill got to busy for your liking. It sounds like you don't like all the crowds, to me.
And sorry I thought it was you that said that about locals are locals after 20 years. My bad.

Jvl

Reaction score

So... Though I'm not involved at all in this issue I have read the thread and find it interesting there are 2 seeming competing groups involved but neither actually want to voice their opinion one way or the other. Or to elaborate on this whole situation?

Weird. Normally one or the other would be chiming in with their end but in this case both seem to happy just leaving all these in answers questions

A bunch of people didn't like what was happening with the old club and decided to start a new club. The new club took over an area that the fsa thought they had but didn't. So these people are choked. But really the only thing the new club is doing poorly is letting people know about the conditions of their trail. but this is an fsa site mainly and they're just starting out so not everything is perfect.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

I
A bunch of people didn't like what was happening with the old club and decided to start a new club. The new club took over an area that the fsa thought they had but didn't. So these people are choked. But really the only thing the new club is doing poorly is letting people know about the conditions of their trail. but this is an fsa site mainly and they're just starting out so not everything is perfect.

There you go covering up for their mistakes again (see what I did there). You are downplaying the problem. Yes it would be better if they communicated the conditions. But the fact is they have made no effort to improve their trail recently. Even if you make it past the dirt it is a whooped up ice block that is total $hit. Start another club, fine. But you better have a plan in place and do as good if not better than the guys you are trying to show up. All this club has done is take donations and brag about the grooming that is done by a cat ski operation and their cabin that was built by an equine club. Anybody with half common sense can and should be able to see this.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The bottom line the the FSA is a GREAT CLUB and as done alot for the area for many, many years !!!!! I have used both cabins for many years and yes the conditions suck but get over it. all the whinning and bitching is crap. That's what I think

turbodup

Reaction score

Don't worry guys I hear the bad part of the Fsa is now gone just saying

Jvl

Reaction score

I

There you go covering up for their mistakes again (see what I did there). You are downplaying the problem. Yes it would be better if they communicated the conditions. But the fact is they have made no effort to improve their trail recently. Even if you make it past the dirt it is a whooped up ice block that is total $hit. Start another club, fine. But you better have a plan in place and do as good if not better than the guys you are trying to show up. All this club has done is take donations and brag about the grooming that is done by a cat ski operation and their cabin that was built by an equine club. Anybody with half common sense can and should be able to see this.

See you are choked about the other club getting an area you think fsa should have. Well you should really be mad at the fsa for letting morrisey slide out of their fingers. Maybe if fsa didn't concentrate so hard on coal creek and think they were to big for someone to out do them.

Ferniesnow said something about "who would you rather sign an agreement with the fsa or the other club." Well they signed with the new club and it might of bin before the fsa even tried to talk with the land owners. to bad so sad I guess.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

See you are choked about the other club getting an area you think fsa should have. Well you should really be mad at the fsa for letting morrisey slide out of their fingers. Maybe if fsa didn't concentrate so hard on coal creek and think they were to big for someone to out do them.

Ferniesnow said something about "who would you rather sign an agreement with the fsa or the other club." Well they signed with the new club and it might of bin before the fsa even tried to talk with the land owners. to bad so sad I guess.

Out do them? What are you taking about. The trail they are running is horrible and that is not even looking at the low elevation dirt showing.

One good thing about the other club I can see is the FSA does not have to listen to floor concerns coming from you and your groupies as much.

Skyhigh

Reaction score

Why can't one of the clubs take on Hartley Lake? Or Harvey? Lot of other great areas in Fernie. Makes no sense at all to fight over the same area.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why can't one of the clubs take on Hartley Lake? Or Harvey? Lot of other great areas in Fernie. Makes no sense at all to fight over the same area.

Because the new club can't take ownership of existing infrastructure or other groups doing half the grooming for them.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

agreed! Different parking lots but lead to same playground! Lots of alternatives.

Jvl

Reaction score

Harvey has logging traffic and no legal cabin,also pretty small with ski touring area that is said to be there. Not sure how they claimed that. Hartley belongs to the fsa and even if they would give it up there is a avalanche monitoring problem that keeps clubs from grooming because of the cost and worksafebc apparently. But if Andy's a part of the fsa I don't think he would like to see it go from the fsa.

Jvl

Reaction score

Out do them? What are you taking about. The trail they are running is horrible and that is not even looking at the low elevation dirt showing.

One good thing about the other club I can see is the FSA does not have to listen to floor concerns coming from you and your groupies as much.

Yes out doing them in getting the right contract done. It's not like the fsa didn't know that the other club was going for that area last year. They just assumed that everything was all good. And about the grooming the fsa needs to have a contractor to do there grooming for them because of the broken cat. Best grooming ever. Better than that old baby butt smooth they use to have. Haha.

Jvl

Reaction score

Yes out doing them in getting the right contract done. It's not like the fsa didn't know that the other club was going for that area last year. They just assumed that everything was all good. And about the grooming the fsa needs to have a contractor to do there grooming for them because of the broken cat. Best grooming ever. Better than that old baby butt smooth they use to have. Haha.

Their grooming for the grammar police

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

I'm with you Chrissy.I have no idea what this is about but it sure seems junior high-ish.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As opposed to the mogul course and over heated sleds from Morrissey? And it looks like if the people who thought the FSA had too much money in their treasury had their way the club would be belly up this year and the trail would be in the same condition as the other guys lol. Even though it is a contract groomer the FSA is still maintaining their staging area, trail and cabin to keep their members as happy as possible on a year like this.

But there were some hot dogs at the Wranglers one day.

Jvl

Reaction score

I'm with you Chrissy.I have no idea what this is about but it sure seems junior high-ish.

What is it that hasn't been said? Why they left the fsa? I think it's many reasons maybe it's differnt for each person in the new club. People in the fsa join for differnt reasons.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The donation model to fund grooming may have failed and the other club has run out of money to run a groomer.
Why would anyone give their money to an organization you cannot contact? They may as well stand at an intersection in town holding a cardboard sign. There isn't any accountability and the people that donated have no idea if their money went to grooming or to fund the "clubs" events.
I'll go with the organization that I can contact and voice my opinion (good or bad), know where the money is spent and can expect to be informed of grooming, equipment issues, etc. (such as a broken groomer and the need for a contractor). Grooming is getting done as expected.

So yes, hats off to FSA!

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm fairly certain that the FSA groomed around to Morrisey last year, didn't they??

turbodup

Reaction score

Not out of money just out of snow

Top Bottom