Hats off to the FSA

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to the FSA, not so much the Elk Valley club

Staged at Morrisey on Sunday.

I would recommend people not do that anymore. Sure would be nice if that other club would at least give some notice as to how bad they've let there trail get.
It's funny one of the biggest complaints of the Elk Valley little girls club had was staging guidance. Well, were's your guidance now?? Why not clean the bridges off, and tell people to stage up higher, instead of driving up the gravel??

It sucked when Morrisey was closed due to logging, and now it's finally open again, they basically have it ****ed. There grooming is no were CLOSE to FSA.

Absolutely NOTHING good has come of it, except for maybe FSA membership will go up, and more people will tell others to shove your donations.

The little bit they could do up top isn't done.

FSA has the Doug Dean trail in top notch shape. Good for them.

I'd love to know the names of the folks who started this new club.

Last edited:

Jvl

Reaction score
Re: Hats off to the FSA, not so much the Elk Valley club

Staged at Morrisey on Sunday.

I would recommend people not do that anymore. Sure would be nice if that other club would at least give some notice as to how bad they've let there trail get.
It's funny one of the biggest complaints of the Elk Valley little girls club had was staging guidance. Well, were's your guidance now?? Why not clean the bridges off, and tell people to stage up higher, instead of driving up the gravel??

It sucked when Morrisey was closed due to logging, and now it's finally open again, they basically have it ****ed. There grooming is no were CLOSE to FSA.

Absolutely NOTHING good has come of it, except for maybe FSA membership will go up, and more people will tell others to shove your donations.

The little bit they could do up top isn't done.

FSA has the Doug Dean trail in top notch shape. Good for them.

I'd love to know the names of the folks who started this new club.

I would like to get one thing clear that I belong to the fsa and as far as I know I'm the only one that really complanes about the staging. And the area your talking about is the cat skiing part of grooming,if they take the snow off the bridges Kim will have a hard time running tours if or when we get snow. The fsa should know that.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would like to get one thing clear that I belong to the fsa and as far as I know I'm the only one that really complanes about the staging. And the area your talking about is the cat skiing part of grooming,if they take the snow off the bridges Kim will have a hard time running tours if or when we get snow. The fsa should know that.

I'm guessing you havn't been to Morrisey in awhile. There is NO SNOW were the Cat Ski is, or where they go. We were out last weekend to, and there were no tracks out then either.
Were the Elk Vally COULD be grooming, there not. Were's all the donation money??

Jvl

Reaction score

I'm guessing you havn't been to Morrisey in awhile. There is NO SNOW were the Cat Ski is, or where they go. We were out last weekend to, and there were no tracks out then either.
Were the Elk Vally COULD be grooming, there not. Were's all the donation money??

Yes the conditions are so bad the cat skiing is not running to my knowledge but, if we get snow, there cat needs to build up the bridges to get over it and in those areas every little bit counts. So this problem would happen if fsa ran that area anyway.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes the conditions are so bad the cat skiing is not running to my knowledge but, if we get snow, there cat needs to build up the bridges to get over it and in those areas every little bit counts. So this problem would happen if fsa ran that area anyway.

Thats fine. So if Elk valley is ALSO 'running the area':rolleyes: why not put a little effort into maintain the access to the area for sledders? Level the snow on the bridges so vehicle traffic can access the area. Have updates at the normal staging area, or on the trail warning people of the lack of snow.

Maybe drag the scraper over what little trail they claim to have possession of??

Or, offer to work with FSA to do other areas that might need attention.

This whole thing is just ****ing stupid.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said, I would love to know the names of the fellas in charge of the new club, so I could talk to them personally, and voice some concerns.

It seems everyone wants to bitch, but no one wants to rock the boat hard enough to solve the problem.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with that.

what the hell is that supposed to mean? is this new club a secret society? who us minions and "redplates" aren't allowed to speak to? you would think a public club that is asking for money and members would be open and transparent. but instead they get a cheerleader douchebag like you on the internet making them all look like idiots....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
there-their-they-are.gif

Jvl

Reaction score
what the hell is that supposed to mean? is this new club a secret society? who us minions and "redplates" aren't allowed to speak to? you would think a public club that is asking for money and members would be open and transparent. but instead they get a cheerleader douchebag like you on the internet making them all look like idiots....

Sorry I wasn't saying you couldn't find them to talk to them but good luck on rocking the boat hard enough to change there direction of the club. I'm not cheering for them, I don't think 2 clubs are better. It might be worse to split the numbers. But if one club spends all it's time and money on one area and doesn't do much for the others they are in charge of they could loose them. If Tunnel creek was traded away. What's stopping them from trading Hartley in the future. If you want to talk to the new club ask fernie snow I'm sure he knows them.

xteam

Reaction score
I'm thinking mike270412 is your man you need to talk to!!! He seems to have all the answers just have to decifer the code!!!

turbodup

Reaction score
Haha same three guy pissing match if you lived here all your life and were part of this you would understand !!!!!!!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha same three guy pissing match if you lived here all your life and were part of this you would understand !!!!!!!

This is the problem I am having...I don't understand the issues because no one has explained them. I have lived in Fernie for 20 years and been sledding for 15 of those years. I started sledding because the ski hill got to busy for my liking...powder used to last for days and days...now your lucky to get one or two runs with fresh tracks. That's just the way it is...nothing that can be done about it, except go sledding instead.

I truly have no idea why it was felt by some people that two clubs were somehow a necessity for them to enjoy a day of riding...I just don't get it, I wouldn't mind if someone PM'd me to explain the problem. I personally don't have an issue with the FSA and do not mind paying $80 a year for a membership.

Jvl

Reaction score
This is the problem I am having...I don't understand the issues because no one has explained them. I have lived in Fernie for 20 years and been sledding for 15 of those years. I started sledding because the ski hill got to busy for my liking...powder used to last for days and days...now your lucky to get one or two runs with fresh tracks. That's just the way it is...nothing that can be done about it, except go sledding instead.

I truly have no idea why it was felt by some people that two clubs were somehow a necessity for them to enjoy a day of riding...I just don't get it, I wouldn't mind if someone PM'd me to explain the problem. I personally don't have an issue with the FSA and do not mind paying $80 a year for a membership.

That is funny, you left the ski hill because it got to busy. What do you think is happening with sledding on a good snow year? And you have been here for 20 years? Wasn't that the cut off for you to be a local in fernie? What's the cut off next year, 21? Haha.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't hold your breath... amist all the bitching on these threads there have been some honest good questions that have yet to get answered.... I guess its easier to just belly ache about people wanting answers, than it is to actually answer the questions

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is funny, you left the ski hill because it got to busy. What do you think is happening with sledding on a good snow year? And you have been here for 20 years? Wasn't that the cut off for you to be a local in fernie? What's the cut off next year, 21? Haha.

Didn't say I left the ski hill altogether. My winter leisure time is split 50/50 sledding and skiing. You seemed to miss my point about the ski hill...it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it except live with it or go do something else. Sledding is exactly the same thing...it is what it is...people are going to come sledding no matter what you think, ya just gotta deal with it. Besides this years weather, my enjoyment of sledding has not diminished in the last 15 years. Lots of room and powder for everyone's enjoyment.

Some of the so called Locals gotta get over it...quit whining and enjoy your sport.

PS: don't think I ever mentioned how many years you have to live in Fernie to be a local. I think people that put timelines on being a local have some kind of chip on their shoulder...get over it.

Top Bottom