Hassler

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Hassler DEC 5/THUR

Went to hassler today,good to see you darrin f/dumbass
50 there mustv been500 sleds and no new snow(but it did start snowing today)there last weekend, it took us a couple hrs to find some untracked area but we did,i'll try & put on some pics
oh ya & who forgot the supercharged apex back in there???

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 64

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Hassler DEC 5/THUR

Went to hassler today,good to see you darrin f/dumbass
50 there mustv been500 sleds and no new snow(but it did start snowing today)there last weekend, it took us a couple hrs to find some untracked area but we did,i'll try & put on some pics
oh ya & who forgot the supercharged apex back in there???
that's my buddy's sled. his name is BJ, he rolled it on a climb and it wouldn't start afterward. pulled it to there with a supercharged Nytro but that was it. showed a code 15 on the display, throttle position sensor I was told. he's going back for it tomorrow or saturday. looks like most of it is still there....lol.

I even have a quick vid of 'em trying to pull it.....

Last edited:

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to some people that came through the pass today and it was snowing like crazy hope he knows here it is maybe be covered lol

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats bj's sled ,oh man if i would have known that i would have hid it or something,i am riding his old stock, the black dragon

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats bj's sled ,oh man if i would have known that i would have hid it or something,i am riding his old stock, the black dragon
right on, his Apex worked decent when it was running. it was like dragging a pallet of bricks, they made it less than a click to that spot from where it died. made 2 attempts at that little trail and abandoned ship...lol.

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya my rx1 turbo dosent start to good after it rolls .i carry a spare battery at the truck when i ride it. they dont crank over to long when its cold to small of a battery i geuss .james no pics of dragon 700 stuck i know it got stuck i have the aching back to prove it. lol. good ride anyway call me the next time you guys go cause im in.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a group of 7 on sunday as well. Very poor visability. Saw a cat with steering column busted off.
going to be good riding when they get more snow. will post some pics tonight:d

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a group of 7 on sunday as well. Very poor visability. Saw a cat with steering column busted off.
going to be good riding when they get more snow. will post some pics tonight:d

It's snowing here right now and very cold, -21 up here at the plant, and the forecast is a heavy snowfall warning of 10-25 cm. This usually means a lot more in the mountains.frozenmsn::snow:

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode silversands today lots of snow,dont know where we were but lots of medows,snowed all day,try hassler tommorow,no pics lost camera and broke the other...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who is coming up here thursday to ride Hasler this weekend from the Swan Hills area? my buddy Rudi (from the Hills) and I are heading there tomorrow afternoon, prolly stay at the Pinecone. he said one of the fellas coming is a member here, look forward to meeting y'all.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Hasler on friday and saturday, hooked up with Demon13 and his crew from Swan Hills. Great bunch of guys, had a good time riding with them. Found some fresh snow down low in the trees on friday, spent a few hours tearing it up and then headed out to explore some more spots....didn't make it far, got back up to the saddle and buddy's '08 Dragon 800 seized up. got it freed up by working the clutch back and forth and it started, headed out to the trail and she seized a couple more times. made it back to the truck on one cylinder and called it a day.

Friday's pics....
haslerdec08006Small.jpg

haslerdec08007Small.jpg

Demon13 shredding on his M1....
haslerdec08008Small.jpg

haslerdec08009Small.jpg

haslerdec08010Small.jpg

haslerdec08012Small.jpg

haslerdec08011Small.jpg

yours truly, Poolaris live or die? DIE.....:d
haslerdec08013Small.jpg

not sure if all Dragons are like this one, but check the airbox seams for leaks. on this one there was an 1/8th inch gap where the box joins together, I suspect snow ingestion was the cause of the pto side piston woes. the hood flexes and lets snow in the engine compartment when carving in the pow, and prolly got sucked into the engine. bad thing.

Spiked a tree with my XP too, broke it off about 4 feet off the ground with the A arm, knocked a hole in the bellypan under the clutch coming down on the stump, and put a nice dent in the sliding half of the clutch....all without slowing down at WOT climbing....kooky. full bellypan protector is now on the wish list....:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday was colder than a witches teat, -24c and 60-80km/hr winds, I'll even venture to say gusts were over 100km/hr on the mountain. buddy couldn't find a rental sled, and sat in the room all day. Met up with IMSICK on saturday morning, he joined us for the day on his custom turbo Apex, what a sweet machine that rig is. He even let me take 'er for a rip....:eek:

didn't take many pics, just too damn cold out to have skin exposed for any length of time. here is what I got....
IMSICK Apex....
haslerdec08017Small.jpg

haslerdec08019Small.jpg

haslerdec08018Small.jpg

the only pic I took on the mountain saturday....
haslerdec08022Small.jpg

Big time kudos to the manager at the Lake View Inn in Chetwynd, she allowed Rudi to hang out in the room all day and didn't charge us for an extra day. Highly recommended facilities, clean and modern rooms and hospitality second to none. discounts for sledders and skiers, she even gave us a Hawaiian pizza when we left....:d

Peace....

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you ever need a rental next time call Shawn at johnsons rad he has a couple new yamahas that he rents out for 150 a day I belive him and his wife are good people to deal with. be glad you left saturday because this morring woke up to -28 plus the wind.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you ever need a rental next time call Shawn at johnsons rad he has a couple new yamahas that he rents out for 150 a day I belive him and his wife are good people to deal with. be glad you left saturday because this morring woke up to -28 plus the wind.
thanks man, we checked with the Cat Shack and Hymark, they gave us a few numbers but we couldn't get a hold of anyone sat morning.

on the way home we saw temps of -38 near Spirit River....brrr. -34 in Grimshaw when we got home.

Demon13

Reaction score
Thanks Teeroy for the guided tour up there probably would have never found any powder if we headed up there on our own.Maybe next time we hook up there will be some blue skies and warmer temps, we all still had a blast and can't wait to do it again.:beer::d

Attachments

• Chetwynd 08 018.jpg
    Chetwynd 08 018.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Chetwynd 08 023.jpg
    Chetwynd 08 023.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 63

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Teeroy for the guided tour up there probably would have never found any powder if we headed up there on our own.Maybe next time we hook up there will be some blue skies and warmer temps, we all still had a blast and can't wait to do it again.:beer::d
it was my pleasure brother, anytime you wanna do 'er again let me know. sorry 'bout the sh!tty conditions in the back meadows on saturday, never seen the snow that skinny back there. of course the blizzard conditions didn't help at all....lol.

sorry I couldn't tip a few back with you guys in the pub, just got over the flu (or so I thought) on tuesday but the old guts were pretty wonky on friday night. wasn't even sure if I was gonna go out on saturday, good thing that baja grape stuff doubles as pepto bismol......felt a lot better sat morning. :d

we didn't get back to the truck for a couple hours after you guys left, Sick's Apex decided it didn't want to fire up when we went to leave the cabin. we fiddled with it for a few hours trying to get it to start, even tried towing it once (tore his injection moulded bumper off trying) but ended up getting it running (another long story...lol) and got back to the trucks just as it was getting dark. thanks for starting my rig, it was sure toasty warm by the time we showed up.....:d:beer:

take care Devon, we will thrash again.....:cool:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure it wasn't you teeroy seeing as we rode different days out there. Just getting a little pizzed about it and needed to rant.
cool beans koby, my bad. it frustrates me as well, I try to pick up what I can when I see it laying there. looks bad for all of us when dickheads throw their garbage on the ground. sorry for taking it the wrong way my friend.....:beer:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Hasler on Wednesday the 17th, not good. Wayyy to cold and not much snow. It had been and was blowing so hard that any open areas were down to hard pack. Some of the slopes are heavily wind loaded so be careful if you go in. It hasn't warmed up at all, it was -40 here this morning. We all got frostbite, I'm not going out till she warms up a bit :nono::nono:.

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Was out Dec. 27, not too bad but still not much snow, made it back to the Bear's Den, pulled out late afternoon and it was starting to snow pretty heavy, it needs it as there are lots of little trees showing everywhere. Never broke anything so was a good day!

Top Bottom