Hassler

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been to Hassler lately. We'll be up there friday night and saturday, any word on conditions would be appreciated.
Thank's, Dan.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Anybody been to Hassler lately. We'll be up there friday night and saturday, any word on conditions would be appreciated.
Thank's, Dan.

Darcy.... From Shell in Dawson was to go but... Changed plans.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still lots at the parking lot, but was melting pretty good. Up top was good then it started snowing really hard so we went back down to the road and followed it in for a few miles. Was beautiful weather down low, found some nice cut blocks and played in awsome untracked snow for a couple of hours. All in all it was a good day. Would post some pic's but don't know how to. Any help?

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No help with the pic's yet. I'm real rookie when it comes to this, but would like to learn so I can share some good pic's with everybody.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
No help with the pic's yet. I'm real rookie when it comes to this, but would like to learn so I can share some good pic's with everybody.

Just click on the Attachments clip along the top... Beside & to the right of the White happy face along the top when ya post. Then just upload from yer PC ...... If troubles just PM if ya care to ! :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey man, how was the road going in to the parking lot at 45? crashnburn and I are heading out there next week, gonna camp in the parking lot for a few days and explore some new areas we found last spring. just wondering if the road has dried up enough to drag everything in there.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road was dry in the am when we went in but as it started to melt it got some slop on in. Good condition mostly. I wouldn't camp at the main parking lot unless you got good rubber boots, The other one just down to the right of the main one was dryer, but that was a couple weeks ago.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
test for pic's IMGP0849.JPG

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, there's a lot more snow than the last time I was by the cabin. took the shortcut into the back the last trip.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few pics from this week at Hasler. had to search for some soft snow, but it was a great trip.

our accommodations.....yeah, that's a satellite dish. it's the playoffs.....:D
pictures3882.jpg

even got a little snow....
pictures3822.jpg

crashnburn throwing the Snow and Mud gangsign.....lol
pictures3835.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures are from the spring in 2008.... :rolleyes:
lol....good call :d

we just got back from there last night, snowed over a foot saturday night so there was lots of fresh snow to play in. not as much snow up top as last year at this time, lots of exposed trees where they are usually covered up by now. the snow was heavy and wet, when it gets cold up there it will be a great base. some of the creeks heading up to the pub sign were not totally covered, but passable for sure. there were 30-40 sleds in there on sunday I'm guessing.

it was raining in town, but turned to snow at elevation and never stopped most of the day. temps were above freezing, so we got thoroughly wet and goggles were a pain to keep clean from snow and water. spent most of the day dockin' in the trees at lower elevations.

went in to the aluminum bowl, there were a few rocks exposed on the way in. took a run at the saddle back to the bear's den but turned out before the crest. traction was great, visibility was poor, but there were a few guys that went over and down the chute before we left there.

On the way out, it was so warm the road had turned to slush. +7 for temps made it tricky to negotiate. if you're going up there anytime soon, watch out for the false shoulders the graderman has created. slurped us in at around km 12, broke a camper bar on the passenger side when we went in.....got out under our own power. coming out there were more tracks almost in the same spot, looked like they weren't as lucky as us.

overall it was a good trip, no broken (sled) parts, sore and tired today, first trip of the year makes it hurt a little less.....:d

Happy Sledding.....:beer:
pics079Small.jpg

Top Bottom