has AOHVA ever considered a alberta wide bill they might want to pass (read)

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a novel idea, what about people being responible for thier own actions???

I couldn't care less if it becomes law to wear a helmet, I wear one. However I don't agree that it should be law. Why should the government protect those that don't? Apparently they have nothing to protect anyways if they are not wearing a helmet.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the idea of a helmet with sale of any quad or sled is an excellent idea, hell they can hide the price of the helmet in the quad price for all I care, at least this way there is no excuse for not wearing one. As for making it law, I could care less either way, stupid people make stupid decisions and no laws can change that, but on the same note if it were a law, those that break it need to be fined, punished whatever, and the money collected from these fines needs to be put into the educating of said idiots. For those parents that let their kid ride the quad and crashes and dies, sure they paid the ultimate price and have to live with that, but hell slap a huge monetary fine on top of that for good measure and throw their dumbass in jail for awhile too!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about if you are caught on a road (for now) without a helmet the atv is confiscated NOW..crown land / trails a $500.00 fine NOW !! no FRIGGIN WARNINGS just NOW..how would that change having someone else driving their atv ...ps buy your own friggin helmet..your head your responsability.:realmad:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about if you are caught on a road (for now) without a helmet the atv is confiscated NOW..crown land / trails a $500.00 fine NOW !! no FRIGGIN WARNINGS just NOW..how would that change having someone else driving their atv ...ps buy your own friggin helmet..your head your responsability.:realmad:

Not sure what you're saying. Are you advocating these types of penalties or are you being sarcastic?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
total serious..dead people ruin your whole friggin weekend as does a seroius head injury due to as something as simple as just smacking yer head agaist some rock or even a tree..lets live to ride again..i dont want to hear any more atv accidents on the news..these are someones kids..even if you are 60 yrs old.no one wants to see ya get hurt.:rant:

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good comments. I ride a quad for work/play & also race hare scrambles and Old timers motocross. Its a no brainer that I wear a helmet whenever I get on the quad regardless of what I'm doing.

An interesting thing has been happening in the motocross world in the past few years & that is neck braces. No sanctioning body has required them, but I would guesstimate that 75% of the guys on the line ( in each class ) are now wearing $400.00 neck braces & the number grows at each race. The neck brace won't prevent a spinal cord injury but instead of being a quadraplegic, you'll be a paraplegic ( if it unfortunately gets to that point ). My son had a bad crash in the spring and I fully believe that brace not only saved his ability to walk, but his life. Now I'm not advocating neck braces for quad riding , but something happened that made the average dirt bike racer think about what could happen, and he/she decided to start wearing the brace. They are advertised regularly in the dirt bike magazines, but no major rider endorses them, they just wear them. Maybe some graphic ads showing what happens when you don't wear a helmet ( sort of like the MADD ads ). We do wear the braces when trail riding ( bikes ) , took about 3 hours to get used to them. No, I don't wear it on the quad as I don't go fast enough or get myself into situations where it would be required.

Top Bottom