Has anyone been into Blue Lake

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just heading up that way on boxing day and was wondering what the conditions are like @ Blue Lake?

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there on sat. the 18th. was pretty tracked out but still found some powder in a few secret spots. As anywhere else, you still have to be careful with some of those notorious mounds that you think are snow. We are supposed to get percip. all week so hopefully it will get better again. Gonna be out that way boxing day somewhere. BTW , they still hadn't replaced the stove pipe like they said they were gonna 3 weeks ago. Have fun, hope to c you on the snow.

Bigborecat

Reaction score
Just came back from a ride today, there is about 11/2 of fresh and still snowing. Lots of areas no tracks yet unless you stay close to the cabin. Forecast is for lots more so it should be great over the next while. Trail was excellent shape too!!

Bigborecat

Reaction score
oh and yes a couple volunteers fixed the chimney that was wrecked by someone who just about burned the clubs cabin down. So heat is happening.

bcham5

Reaction score
thanks bigbore, im heading out tomorrow to bring my brother and father who have never been sledding before should be fun :d

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am heading to Blue on boxing day to bring my dad who has never been to the mountains before, should be fun and hoping for some fresh snow so leave some areas untouched for us who are bringing newbies.

Thanks for the updates guys, see you out there.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us went up today ...wow what i agrear day wouod have been better if the fog lifted, but it was great trail was beat up but once at the top there was easy 3-4' is some areas...lots of stuck sleds but it was fun we did not hace to leave the cabin area far at all great day!

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for your information , that stove pipe was like that LAST year. So no one was at fault for TRYING to burn the cabin down. Come on think about it.who would try and burn a warm up cabin down. That's kind of Anal to write. I've ridden there many times this year and there is NO 11 1/2 feet but it was pretty good riding. Rode Owl's on boxing day and it was prbly. the best ride so far this year..........but still lacking in snow.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for your information , that stove pipe was like that LAST year. So no one was at fault for TRYING to burn the cabin down. Come on think about it.who would try and burn a warm up cabin down. That's kind of Anal to write. I've ridden there many times this year and there is NO 11 1/2 feet but it was pretty good riding. Rode Owl's on boxing day and it was prbly. the best ride so far this year..........but still lacking in snow.

I think he said 1&1/2 ft of fresh. Keep it coming riding on the 4th

H_bomb

Reaction score
Road Owl's Head on Tuesday this week. Snow was good but tracking up quickly. Trail head to Blue Lake was closed. One of the locals used a tractor and wagon to block the stage entrance. He was upset due to the large volume of sleds on the streets at the end of the previous day and into the dark hours. RCMP stopped by and sided with the land owner. Mostly noise related. Word to the wise: Respect the locals or we could all end up losing access to these riding areas.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Blue Lake is still open for excellent riding.
The tractor and wagon are gone.

Be prepared tho for a short delay while you drive up to the end of the road,unload at the staging area, then park your rig along the road and walk back to your sleds. No riding on the road.
Club has radio men at each end of the road during the busy Christmas season allowing for organized travel to and fro.
Works great
Like H_bomb says Respect the locals or we could all end up losing access to these riding areas.

Top Bottom