Harley owners

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your guys "expert" opinion on the night train?

Looking at a 09, little high in kms at 71000 but the price seems right

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they look pretty much the same as other harleys. Lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s all personal preference, Night train is a nice bike but does it have what you want for how you ride. I would look for something with less k if it’s your first harley

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s all personal preference, Night train is a nice bike but does it have what you want for how you ride. I would look for something with less k if it’s your first harley
Whats a motor swap worth?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a freind with a engine for sale with 1800 kilometres on it if interested, 3500 bucks , out of a 22-23 CVO yltra

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go check out the Big Toy Shop, they got quit a few and great guys to deal with.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats a motor swap worth?
I wouldn't be worried about a motor swap. As long as its priced correctly for the km's, they run a long time. Lots of guys have 150,000km+ on them. US guys do lots of miles.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, the softail has a twin cam B engine, meaning is is counterbalanced. A twin cam out of a bagger is an "A" engine (no counterbalancer), you will not be happy with that engine in a softail frame...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 night train and it was a great bike. I suggest if you get one, buy a removable windshield for the long trips.
Sure help with fatigue if your ripping at 120++ for hrs on end. I believe the 96" and 6 speed are supposed to be solid engine tranny combo, and don't recall hearing any persistent problems.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Night train.
88, 5 speed. Great commuter bike. I drive it to work everyday.
Longer trips I take my Road glide as the Night train isn't really built for touring.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My BIL has a Nigh Train. It's a nice looking bike. He doesn't take it out of town much anymore since he bought his Street Glide. The Night Train has V&H pipes on it that are pretty damn loud. I don't like to follow him due to the noise.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My BIL has a Nigh Train. It's a nice looking bike. He doesn't take it out of town much anymore since he bought his Street Glide. The Night Train has V&H pipes on it that are pretty damn loud. I don't like to follow him due to the noise.
Is he selling it?

Top Bottom