Hardisty?? Anybody there??

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like a fool, I answered the phone and ended up in Hardisty for a month or so. We're only putting in 11 hour days, so I have lots of free time. I brought the dirt bike with me, I wouldn't mind putting some miles on if anybody's kicking around.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
are you bragging about your chosen "vacation" destination, or regreting it?

Spent time down there when I was surveying back in 2008

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I was also lucky enough to recently spend some time in Biggar, Kirby Lake, Norealis, and Anzac.....I am one well travelled mofo. If you need to know anything about mosquitos or black flies, just ask.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I spent some time down there surveying in 1996... My boss was the mayors friend, yes Hardisty has a mayor, his name was Ian too. I spent 3 days wading through 3 foot deep slew which sometimes dropped to 6' without warning, I didn't know at the time that OH&S would have required me to wear a lifejacket or that most other survey companies would have brought in a boat. But then again I used to pop down manholes and walk the stormwater system popping manholes in traffic with no barricades and only 1 old dude without a vest to protect me.....didn't know what H2S was and to me at that time methane was a fart.... ahhhh the good old days......

are you bragging about your chosen "vacation" destination, or regreting it?

Spent time down there when I was surveying back in 2008

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I spent some time down there surveying in 1996... My boss was the mayors friend, yes Hardisty has a mayor, his name was Ian too. I spent 3 days wading through 3 foot deep slew which sometimes dropped to 6' without warning, I didn't know at the time that OH&S would have required me to wear a lifejacket or that most other survey companies would have brought in a boat. But then again I used to pop down manholes and walk the stormwater system popping manholes in traffic with no barricades and only 1 old dude without a vest to protect me.....didn't know what H2S was and to me at that time methane was a fart.... ahhhh the good old days......

dropping to 6' that would have drown you!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice avatar!! Fawked me up for a minute.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here I am once again in Hardisty. Same situation, short days, have the bike, looking for riding areas. I spoke with a fellow on here a couple years ago who has a motorcross track at his place. Of course I lost his contact info...still kicking around?

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Dons speed parts in wainwright and ask for Jason in parts. Im pretty sure its his place if not he will know who owns. Also abit of sand to play in south of town past cemetery if that tickles ur pickle.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Dons speed parts in wainwright and ask for Jason in parts. Im pretty sure its his place if not he will know who owns. Also abit of sand to play in south of town past cemetery if that tickles ur pickle.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

I'll try him there, thanks. I'm not sure where the cemetery is, but I'll go have a snoop tonight.

Top Bottom