Hard Times.. need some advice/ideas

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard time have hit my house..me mostly.. Hours SLASHED at work, lack of pay... ECT... Have to sell the toys.. I have 4 sled and I need some opinions on their worth so I can post them. I know what I want to them, but not sure if Im being un-realistic. I NEED serious replies, not someone trying to LOW BALL me so they can get a sweet deal. I have a family to support, and this is KILLING me. FRICKEN ECONOMY :rant:

Here is what I have:
1) 2006 Crossfire 600, 1300 kms, extended to a 144, many extras.
2) 2006 RMK 900, 1300 kms on sled, 10 KMS on fresh top end (have reciepts, done at RPM Motor sports) 166" many extras
3) 1998 Powder Special 600 EFI, 2400 KMS, extended to a 144
4) 1998 RMK 500 ( Evolved Style), 2800 KMS, 136"

Just need a close BALL PARK figure so I can get these sleds gone, Thanks. :(

nosmoke

Reaction score
The best way too find out is to call a dealer,find out book value and add about 1500 to 2000 if the sleds are in good shape. That way you know if somebody is just trying to get a good deal.just what i think

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard time have hit my house..me mostly.. Hours SLASHED at work, lack of pay... ECT... Have to sell the toys.. I have 4 sled and I need some opinions on their worth so I can post them. I know what I want to them, but not sure if Im being un-realistic. I NEED serious replies, not someone trying to LOW BALL me so they can get a sweet deal. I have a family to support, and this is KILLING me. FRICKEN ECONOMY :rant:

Here is what I have:
1) 2006 Crossfire 600, 1300 kms, extended to a 144, many extras.
2) 2006 RMK 900, 1300 kms on sled, 10 KMS on fresh top end (have reciepts, done at RPM Motor sports) 166" many extras
3) 1998 Powder Special 600 EFI, 2400 KMS, extended to a 144
4) 1998 RMK 500 ( Evolved Style), 2800 KMS, 136"

what line of work you In Mare. maybe time for you to move to Bonnyville . Still work some work here. Would hate to see you give up your sleds. Just food for thought.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what line of work you In Mare. maybe time for you to move to Bonnyville . Still work some work here. Would hate to see you give up your sleds. Just food for thought.

I work for a manufacturing company. We make after market stainless steel truck accessories, as well as water purification products. I supervise the main factory floor, as well as work in production.
With the auto market being in limbo for so long, it has slowed sales. Maybe one day it will pick up, but I cant wait for ONE DAY. There WAY to much month left at the end of the money.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 summit 144 800ho with about 2000miles on it. I looked at trading it in last fall the dealer offered me 6200 for it. I dont know if that helps or not. It is in good shape it just needed new sliders and ski rods at the time.
Sorry to hear about your luck man that sucks. Good old saskatchewan never realy ever goes up but never realy goes down but it keeps paying the bills so I guess that is all that counts. Hope things turn around for you and your family.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Here is what I have:
1) 2006 Crossfire 600, 1300 kms, extended to a 144, many extras. $6000
2) 2006 RMK 900, 1300 kms on sled, 10 KMS on fresh top end (have reciepts, done at RPM Motor sports) 166" many extras $5500
3) 1998 Powder Special 600 EFI, 2400 KMS, extended to a 144 $2500
4) 1998 RMK 500 ( Evolved Style), 2800 KMS, 136" $2500

Mare,

I have no idea if these are the numbers that you want to hear, but I have bought 5 sleds this winter (sold 2) and have spent coutless hours on websites, auto trader, looking in the US, and meeting dealers.

These prices represent what I have seen sleds *SOLD* for, not what was being asked...You may want to ask more, but this is the kind of prices I have been seeing.

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope it turns around for you real quickly!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I work for a manufacturing company. We make after market stainless steel truck accessories, as well as water purification products. I supervise the main factory floor, as well as work in production.

Sorry to hijack....Do you make RO/DI units? I been snooping around for one

waka

Reaction score
Wow,

Hard times are never easy, and having met you and your husband, makes me feel terrible for your situation, I know how much you love this sport. I will make some calls tomorow for you and see if I can find you something else to do while you wait for the present job to pick up... hope I can help before you sell your dreams... You need to get to the mountains one time at least before you cant...

If there is anyone in the Westlock area looking for a good resposible employee I would recomend this lady 100%.

Good luck with this situation, you are strong and selfless obviously...

Waka

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow,

Hard times are never easy, and having met you and your husband, makes me feel terrible for your situation, I know how much you love this sport. I will make some calls tomorow for you and see if I can find you something else to do while you wait for the present job to pick up... hope I can help before you sell your dreams... You need to get to the mountains one time at least before you cant...

If there is anyone in the Westlock area looking for a good resposible employee I would recomend this lady 100%.

Good luck with this situation, you are strong and selfless obviously...

Waka

Thanks WAKA, that means a lot to me. Im speakless.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes well sell RO units.
PM me & send me your number and I will have someone call you with pricing.

Hey, I need an RO unit for work as well. You have a PM with my #. I hope you don't have to sell your sleds.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mare,

I have no idea if these are the numbers that you want to hear, but I have bought 5 sleds this winter (sold 2) and have spent coutless hours on websites, auto trader, looking in the US, and meeting dealers.

These prices represent what I have seen sleds *SOLD* for, not what was being asked...You may want to ask more, but this is the kind of prices I have been seeing.

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope it turns around for you real quickly!

i think longhorns numbers are prettyy close. but nobody is buying right now. there is one 98 sumx on kijiji for 2600 with new top and looks good cond. been there for about 1 mth already. really hard to sell toys and toy accessories right now. good luck and hope all gets better before toys have to go.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
it is seriously difficult to sell anything for a fair price right now because so many people are in a similar situation. I know that if you were selling in the US, the 600CF would be a $5000 sled and the RMK a $4500 sled. The older ones are even harder to sell these days.

Good luck with your plight.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
it is seriously difficult to sell anything for a fair price right now because so many people are in a similar situation. I know that if you were selling in the US, the 600CF would be a $5000 sled and the RMK a $4500 sled. The older ones are even harder to sell these days.

Good luck with your plight.

Agreed...I use KSL.com (classifieds) A LOT... I did a ton of my searching there, and the RMK can be found over and over for $4500. My buddy bought 2 in Utah, brought them up here rode them for a season, and just sold each of them for $5500. Not a bad deal, ride for a full season and make a grand on each...

Canadian market is definitely soft right now...not a lot of movement, Mare, sure hope you dont have to get rid of them...

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you get thru these times as I can understand where your at as one of my best buds is in a bad way[health problems]and can't work.He needed to sell his sled[my old 2002 doo 800 highmark]to keep a float.My wife and I decided we should buy it back for her for what he paid me for it last year and sell her old 99 phazer.When the situation improves I will offer it back too him.I hope you sell some of yours

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
I also helped a contractor friend out. He just needed cash to pay the bills. I bought his pristine low mile M7. I had been thinking M8 or M1000 but when he called and offered it to me, it was just the right thing to do.

Have a little faith, it will work out.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that realy sucks man, we kinda have a simaler problem, well my parents do. time to sell are boats. if anyone is intrestid we have a 2005 hydroswift wakeboard boat and a 1995 wellcraft 185ss eclipse. pm me for pics or info. I NEED to help my dad. I dont want to have to pay for every tank of gas I use in my sled. its adding up hahha.:rolleyes:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
that realy sucks man, we kinda have a simaler problem, well my parents do. time to sell are boats. if anyone is intrestid we have a 2005 hydroswift wakeboard boat and a 1995 wellcraft 185ss eclipse. pm me for pics or info. I NEED to help my dad. I dont want to have to pay for every tank of gas I use in my sled. its adding up hahha.:rolleyes:

I have read a lot of your posts, and if I have read correctly, I believe you are 14? You seem like a really great kid! I wish the world had more kids like you!

My compliments :)

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read a lot of your posts, and if I have read correctly, I believe you are 14? You seem like a really great kid! I wish the world had more kids like you!

My compliments :)

thanks man :d im broke though! I get like $70 from my pay check and its gone within a week. I need to work harder if im going to the best of the best.

Top Bottom