Handlebar height...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone s take on the new small diameter grips on tappered down bars that seems to.be the new thing.

Must be great if youre hands are small i guess.

I just put on the new cfr skinny grips, had the fatter Odi grips but ya with small-ish hands the big grips become a chore toward the end of the day to hang on. I also just had a wrist fusion surgery 6 months ago so left hand isn’t 100% yet. Be trying out these skinny grips next week but they feel better in the garage so far lol

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i seen that, im not signing up though haha

Not a finger throttle guy either. Some swear by them though
Finger throttle is tits! I can’t even ride with a thumb throttle in fear of having a wreck. Loaded my new sled with a thumb throttle and nearly phuck’d up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finger throttle is tits! I can’t even ride with a thumb throttle in fear of having a wreck. Loaded my new sled with a thumb throttle and nearly phuck’d up.

Some of my friends really like them too.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of my friends really like them too.
The control you have once you get used to it is next level! Downhill riding, up hill turns both ways and just the grip you have on the throttle side is incredible.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just try to ride a sled with a thumb throttle after using a finger throttle for 4 seasons!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been using the thumb throttle for 30 years, probably not going to switch now.

Maybe in another life. Haha

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking bout the finger throttle lately. Always thought it was weird, but after breaking my right arm in half twice and some arthritis in my hands from being too cool to wear gloves the first 15 years in my trade, I’m starting to have a hard time holding the bars by the end of the day.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been using the thumb throttle for 30 years, probably not going to switch now.

Maybe in another life. Haha
Yeah probably for the best, at least you’ll have a warm thumb and not a frozen pointer finger!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boys got me on the finger throttle
take abit to get comfortable
forearm cramps up first few rides

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, first time in the mountains on a borrowed sled the throttle was flipped. I have been riding that way ever since. Can’t ride with thumb throttle.

Brentk

Reaction score
Ya i seen that, im not signing up though haha

Not a finger throttle guy either. Some swear by them though
I've got big hands and i really like the new thin bars, when i ride my buddies sled with the older style bars I definitely don't like that.

I would say don't ride finger throttle unless your hands/wrists are fawked or something. I've tried finger throttle too many times, trying to like them, but even with a deflector the throttle always gets hit when tech side hilling thru trees and almost kills you, or wrecks your line.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got big hands and i really like the new thin bars, when i ride my buddies sled with the older style bars I definitely don't like that.

I would say don't ride finger throttle unless your hands/wrists are fawked or something. I've tried finger throttle too many times, trying to like them, but even with a deflector the throttle always gets hit when tech side hilling thru trees and almost kills you, or wrecks your line.
They can definitely get a person into a predicament or 2, but as for tech riding how often do you wreck your brake lever? or hit the brakes and get all piled up? I run mine kinda pointing down a little, as its more comfortable when standing. Now, for the record i have witnessed a couple rodeos on my sled when someone else tries to load in the trailer (sober driver barrel rolls sled into trailer after ski goes up the back door cable), or when buddy hops on and I give a ski tug (out of control through the trees, and me needing to replace buddies helmet visor :p). Oh, and I had to replace a hood a couple weeks ago cause the throttle wicked a tree and launched into my buddies sled. But, that's all normal stuff that really could have happened to anyone. Right?

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I disagree, I find the finger throttle better in the technical stuff, especially downhill you can get your hips right into the bars and still get on/off the throttle, I also run mine pointed more downward. I have one on my sidewinder and my buddy runs one on his viper, it seems its a love it or hate it kind of thing.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 6’7 in boots. So can’t ride anything with stock bars. I run Polaris Tall bars and a 2” riser.
Perfect for me and of course no one else can ride it

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’ve never had that problem with the guard and two weeks ago hit a tree so hard it rotated the finger throttle and guard straight up and down pointing up and grenaded my turbo vent grill on my turbo Doo.

Top Bottom