Handlebar height...

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went 2" shorter than stock on my sidewinder and I like it way better, with the higher bars I found them to not allow me to get over the front end enough when climbing, now I can get over the bars more and in the trees on a sidehill I feel more in control.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2007 Switch back has an adjustable steering position depending if you are doing laid back sit down riding or aggressive sit down riding lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2007 Switch back has an adjustable steering position depending if you are doing laid back sit down riding or aggressive sit down riding lol

I remember that abortion lol, went to Saskatoon for Christmas to see the family and took my dads for a rip in the field by the big grain elevator on the west side of the city when it was brand new, smashed one drift in the ditch to hop into the field and the plastic gear piece of crap busted right apart like I rolled the thing end over end, he was very unhappy

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an adustable setup on the last sled. Gonna try stock and see how I like it. I dont know how I will like the skinnier ends of the bars now though. I kinda think a thicker bar would be better. I just need a first ride in first to help decide! ha

Brentk

Reaction score
I remember back in the dirt bike offroad days when everyone had high lifted handle bars rolled forward,,me too lol. My lower back hurt, made no sense,, until I lowered my bars and also rolled them back towards me,, now I love that setup. With sledding it's different, but I still like a bit higher bar height, but I'm 6'3" and i don't do huge jumps or fancy maneuvers because I have too much grey hair I guess.

powpounder

Reaction score
I just put 7” on my new expert and feels great compared to the stock 4” or 4.5” whatever they are. Hopefully it’s Maxwell approved. If it is maybe it will add a little track speed. Lol😂🍻

I tried 9” but the throttle cable was too short.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge yes.

Mirrors out. No.

Tall riser. Well tall ish. 8” maybe. I don’t like riding hunched over. I like to be able to stand straight up with my feet right tucked in the foot well with my arms just slightly bent.
Exactly!

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 249945
In this position to have short riser same. Have to hunch forward to reach the bars. This picture is chris Burandt. He is very short. I met him in person and had to squat way down for a picture. So if you can imagine if i were to stand on his sled in a comfortable position As if to head down the trail, the bars would likely be Along way down for me to be able to reach without being way hunched over.

No doubt. First time I met him I was surprised how little he is. He must weigh like 140lbs. It’s no wonder he pushes low bars.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m leaning over to much standing but I already have a nice riser,so I’ll have to get higher bars,probably need 4” bend bars

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some adjustable risers id sell cheap (50$) if someone want to try some different heights out.

20220105_124705.jpg

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A wide ski stance is great for the trail, tall bars are great for the trail and cruising around but when it gets steep and technical tall bars hinder your riding, I ran tall bars for years and finally gave into the shorter bars. It takes a few hours to get used to but I'm sold. I also threw a finger throttle on and love it, some guys hate it, its all personal preference.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone s take on the new small diameter grips on tappered down bars that seems to.be the new thing.

Must be great if youre hands are small i guess.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind the small diameter bars. I didn’t really think it would matter but I guess it does. My buddy also has a different throttle on his expert, its more like a quad throttle. Its actually pretty sweet.

Top Bottom