Handle grips loose??????

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how does one fix loose handle grips on a ATV.....glue?, heat?

Thanks!! :beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how does one fix loose handle grips on a ATV.....glue?, heat?

Thanks!! :beer:

You could use glue. Or wrap a couple layers of electrical tape around the handlebar and put the grip over the tape.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, wires work well. Wrap some tightly around your grips. 2 on each side and one in the middle. Electrical tape or glue like underdog said. They have special glue but any kind should work. Also try taking them off and cleaning all dirt and grime out from where they contact the bars, it builds up after time, using brake cleaner or even gas. Also ODI makes some locking grips with Allen wrench clamps on each side of the grip.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Grip glue and then take small zip ties and zip tie the handle bar grips in 3 spots. just face the head of the zip tie where your fingers aren't clenching and you wont have a problem and the grips stay on tight.

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spray some wd-40 in them, and slide the grips on. When the wd-40 drys your grips should be stuck on for good until you have to cut them off. I read this in a dirt rider magazine years ago and have used it plenty of times with no problem.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spray some wd-40 in them, and slide the grips on. When the wd-40 drys your grips should be stuck on for good until you have to cut them off. I read this in a dirt rider magazine years ago and have used it plenty of times with no problem.

I like this one!!!:beer:

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it doesn't sound like it would work but it does. you can google it. anyone who has tried it swears by it.

Top Bottom