Hand Warmer Repair

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One hand warmer on my ATV doesn't work. Before the high was out but now it has lost the low as well. I can at least see one wire is broke where is attaches to the element. I am wondering if there is a fix to this besides replacement of both. Maybe soldering? or am I able to tie one new one to the existing one that works? Or should I not even waste my time? Any ideas or experience with this would be good. Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may work for a while but for the time it takes I would just buy a set and replace the broken one. Then you end up with a spare too.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may work for a while but for the time it takes I would just buy a set and replace the broken one. Then you end up with a spare too.

What do you just take it apart where they go to one wire then solder in the new left hand one to the old right hand one?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you just take it apart where they go to one wire then solder in the new left hand one to the old right hand one?
The ones I have replaced come with a couple of feet of wire so you can splice pretty much anywhere in the cct. I've had pretty good luck with the heat shrink butt splices with the low temp solder. Just need a heat gun instead of a torch and no tape or other heat shrink needed.

Top Bottom