Half ton with sled & Trailer in BC

DarqFox

Reaction score
Me and a buddy are going to Revy on the weekend from Alberta. This might be a dumb question. We've opted to put on sled in the back of the truck, in the box, and the other on a light duty sled trailer. Any chance we're going to get hassled with that load. Truck is a 94 1500 gm z71. Sleds are m8 and rev 800any advice?

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grease your wheel bearings on the trailer and make sure all your lights work!And make sure it has good rubber on it!!Other than the hassle of a flat all those gas stations on the way out there will azz rape you if you have to buy a tire especially one of those donut tires!!

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure to have 4 point tie down on each sled. Had two on the deck and one on the trailer, and got checked for that at a checkstop just outside of revy on Sunday night. We of course we good.The more you can please them the less they will look for the small stuff.

DarqFox

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice.

I just wanted to know if I would be over weight or anything. Trailer has new suspension, tires, and just been greased up. All the lights work.

So should be good.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not saying i go by all the rules so don't take this the wrong way lol.
but depending on what type of 1/2 er it is you may be overloaded. with the supercrew halfer and my 2 lightest sleds, the 600 sno pro and my old 670, both sitting in the deck,aluminum deck, with zero snow in the skid and empty fuel tanks i was close to 1000 lbs over weight and that is with 4 adults and gear in the cab. take off the 2 sleds still probly close to 100lbs over. deck only weighs in at 225 i think it was when i added up all the material i used to build it.

dont want to crush dreams but be aware that you could be over. i know with a regular cab though i would be really close to legal weight.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice.

I just wanted to know if I would be over weight or anything. Trailer has new suspension, tires, and just been greased up. All the lights work.

So should be good.

Would be better if trailer had brakes to share the GVW between the sled/trailer and the truck. Make sure if it has brakes that the tires will skid with breakaway switch tripped and trailer moved forward

DarqFox

Reaction score
The truck is a 94-Z71 with a GVW of 6600lbs. I'm thinking one in the trailer, and one on the box will be fine. Its an extended cab, and only two passengers with light gear. Anybody know of a scale west of calgary that we can get on?

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck is a 94-Z71 with a GVW of 6600lbs. I'm thinking one in the trailer, and one on the box will be fine. Its an extended cab, and only two passengers with light gear. Anybody know of a scale west of calgary that we can get on?

Just west of the cochrane turnoff on HWY 1 there is a scale.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will be very close i think. my gvw is 7200. but your cab/ truck may be lighter.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are not even close to being over weight. Have a good time!!

please post your weights when you get them, i wouild be surprised if they bother you anyways but you will be close gaurunteed.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a differen truck, 2010 F150 supercrew. On last trip found a scale 2 min from fueling up truck and sleds. In box i had 2011 summit, on a triton tilt deck trailer i had 2 2006 summits. Had 3 people (180lbs avg) and all gear, jerry cans on sleds full as well. Weights:
Total (truck only): 3400kg
front axle: 1560kg
rear axle: 1850kg
trailer axle: 740kg

I believe my GVW is 7700lbs

Disme

Reaction score
Give it hell you will be fine with that setup. Just make sure sleds are properly secured and good tires on the truck and trailer.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a differen truck, 2010 F150 supercrew. On last trip found a scale 2 min from fueling up truck and sleds. In box i had 2011 summit, on a triton tilt deck trailer i had 2 2006 summits. Had 3 people (180lbs avg) and all gear, jerry cans on sleds full as well. Weights:
Total (truck only): 3400kg
front axle: 1560kg
rear axle: 1850kg
trailer axle: 740kg

I believe my GVW is 7700lbs

maxed on the rear too the number if i remember right lol. i know mine is around 2100kg i think it was at the whitecourt scale. does not matter what you do with the supercrew you cannot get more weight on the front ale , unless you drive over the roof maybe lol empty it will weight the same within probably 30kgs.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure to have 4 point tie down on each sled. Had two on the deck and one on the trailer, and got checked for that at a checkstop just outside of revy on Sunday night. We of course we good.The more you can please them the less they will look for the small stuff.

Never heard of having to do this. I thought 3 was the law with 2 being the skis and one on the back end. Has it changed or are you just overcautious?

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
4 point tiedown?? you mean to say you have to have 4 straps for each sled? I usually only have 2, can they give you a ticket for that?? :p

Top Bottom