Half broke in XM heading to McBride, what to bring...

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never really looked at it-just did it the same as always by habit.
Should probably look in the manual before I go sprackin off!:doh:
Can someone confirm this?

Stop sprackin yourself, the manual indicates to loosen and set tension and retorque. Same as before.

Reactions: LBZ

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop sprackin yourself, the manual indicates to loosen and set tension and retorque. Same as before.

Haha the manual...how many questions people ask on here could be answered with the manual? Usually by the same people who have never removed it from under the seat.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

CRASH1000

Reaction score
Haha the manual...how many questions people ask on here could be answered with the manual? Usually by the same people who have never removed it from under the seat.

You can not take it out of the plastic. Resale will not be the same. LOL.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still a solid axle with two pinch bolts. Yes you should loosen them off then tighten after track adjusted.

That's the way it looked to me when I tightened it up on the side of the trail but never had a good look to confirm if it didn't need to be done that way. I just did it the way I always have and the way every modern sled on the planet pretty much is.

There is a manual under the seat?? Never taken the seat off yet lol!!

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
By the way the ride in McBride went stellar! That XM was an absolute riot to ride, I thought the quietness of it would annoy me but turns out I really enjoyed just tractor ing around in the trees super quiet half throttle almost everywhere.

There was chest deep powder all over the place and the xm just seems to make forward progress without effort and I only have the 154 I can't imagine what the long ones are like.

It was nice to not need to be on the pin trenching the ch!t out of everything like I remember my old one.

When I did have to grab all the power it was there in spades in a one count it was full rip and I'm not even sure it's out of break in mode yet just sick power for a stock machine.

Couple little gripes both I suspected or should have known about. This sled sucks for the high speed ride home. Feels like driving a school bus lol but I don't care it's worth it when I was side hilling on my weak side all the way across big hills that some other guys couldn't hold the line on. Second is the kill switch, I should have moved it but come on ski doo... I hit it with my chest 3 times before my simple brain said don't do that any more.

Put about 165 kms on in two days a lot of it in deep snow and climbing, docking in the trees etc and burned half the oil in the reservoir and about one full tank of fuel, it used 2/3 the fuel that all the rest of the guys I was with used.

AWESOME machine!

Top Bottom