H1N1 Flu Vaccination....

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow you were really sick!
Well I was down and out since new years eve congested chest coughing till I would almost throw up went to dr said it was viral was best to just tough it out next day couldn't swallow was like trying to swallow hot razor blades severe pain never had anything like had a tough time drinking water had some chicken noodle soup and the noodles were to painful to eat. Try to find a medicenter open nothing wasn't going to emerge for a sore throat. Suffer all day nothing would help come 6 pm start shivering was really cold wife check for fever 37.3C (98.5F ish) take to advil wife goes to get tylenol pharmacist says I have to wait 6 hours to take tylenol. 1.5 hours later 38.1C (100.5F)temp going up. She pours me into the cars takes me to the emerge get there tell them I was trying to hold out to the next day didn't want to come but my throat was so sore and tongue hurt so bad didn't come out right. They take temp 39.4 (103F) and my heart was 122 BPS so they get a little panicy and get me right in 2 tylenol and bit of oxygen start to turn around. Had a look at my throat said it looked fine but I had a bit of a stawberry tongue (looked swelled up). Fever came down heart rate was good said I had brochitas was going to have to tough it out but did a throat swab. 48 hours not real change different dr phones me to come in go he says I have strep throat he looks and my throat says it looks good i said it not the back of my mouth its way lower he takes some kind of curved instrument and looks down my throat and he said was wow it's pretty raw looking put me on antibiotics....so been a few days and I have being feeling a million times better

As for the flu shot i always get it and usually get the flu with the incubation period but I haven't got it this year because I had the H1N1 shot couple years ago I thought once you got it you are immune to that strain didn't know it had an expiry date with the flu shot

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We all have gotten the flu vaccines for the last 6 or so years and will continue to do so. The first year we didn't get it soon enough and Larry, Jaymie, Kennedy and Cody all got CONFIRMED cases of H1N1. Larry said he has never been so sick in his life, he said he felt with all the crap in his lungs he felt like he was literally drowning alive. It was a really scary time because Trennis was just a baby and he was a preemie to boot and so had he caught it we could have had a real problem on our hands. For some strange reason he and I were the only ones in our household who didn't get it.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never got the flu shot before this year, the H1N1 strain is a proven killer of young healthy people, almost 1/3 end up in hospital.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never got the flu shot before this year, the H1N1 strain is a proven killer of young healthy people, almost 1/3 end up in hospital.
If you are concerned about the H1N1, why did you wait until this year's flu shot to get vaccinated, when the original outbreak was 4 yrs ago?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Well I was down and out since new years eve congested chest coughing till I would almost throw up went to dr said it was viral was best to just tough it out next day couldn't swallow was like trying to swallow hot razor blades severe pain never had anything like had a tough time drinking water had some chicken noodle soup and the noodles were to painful to eat. Try to find a medicenter open nothing wasn't going to emerge for a sore throat. Suffer all day nothing would help come 6 pm start shivering was really cold wife check for fever 37.3C (98.5F ish) take to advil wife goes to get tylenol pharmacist says I have to wait 6 hours to take tylenol. 1.5 hours later 38.1C (100.5F)temp going up. She pours me into the cars takes me to the emerge get there tell them I was trying to hold out to the next day didn't want to come but my throat was so sore and tongue hurt so bad didn't come out right. They take temp 39.4 (103F) and my heart was 122 BPS so they get a little panicy and get me right in 2 tylenol and bit of oxygen start to turn around. Had a look at my throat said it looked fine but I had a bit of a stawberry tongue (looked swelled up). Fever came down heart rate was good said I had brochitas was going to have to tough it out but did a throat swab. 48 hours not real change different dr phones me to come in go he says I have strep throat he looks and my throat says it looks good i said it not the back of my mouth its way lower he takes some kind of curved instrument and looks down my throat and he said was wow it's pretty raw looking put me on antibiotics....so been a few days and I have being feeling a million times better

As for the flu shot i always get it and usually get the flu with the incubation period but I haven't got it this year because I had the H1N1 shot couple years ago I thought once you got it you are immune to that strain didn't know it had an expiry date with the flu shot
Wow Murm... That's a lot of sand in the vag if you ask me. Poor fella. :)

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are concerned about the H1N1, why did you wait until this year's flu shot to get vaccinated, when the original outbreak was 4 yrs ago?

I didn't know any better, since Christmas day I've had 2 doctors and a lab tech tell me I'd be a fool not to get it.

Dynamic

Reaction score
I had something nasty hit New Year's Day. Felt "off" but still ate breakfast. Was on the tiolet 10 mins later. Proceeded to puke several times that day. By evening I was a bit better and recovered enough to eat the next day. Just getting over a cold. I never get sick so this one caught me off guard. Never had the flu shot.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flu shot at 9am tomorrow morning here. You guys have scared the hell out of me. Lol.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an auto-immune issue, and I still refuse to get the shot. The effects of what this shot will cause in the future is not worth the gamble to me. I take precautions like hand washing, etc. My doctors are mad at me again this year but I will take my chances. I get a cold or two every year but it has been many years since I have had the flu...knock on wood !!! I think people really need to consider if this shot is worth the risk. I am fortunate that my job is not one that puts me in the general public thus lowering the risk more for me. I don't have kids so that risk is also removed.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No needle for me. If its your day to go there's nothing you can do about it.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my flu shot, every morning. Juice it up! Keeps me going strong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 163

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't do the flu shot. My mom is a public health nurse, and she always tells me to get it. My dad is a doctor and he doesn't seem to think I really need it. I know my mom used to bring me to get it, until I went away for school. Since then I have got the flu shot twice, and both of those years I got the flu. Not just the few days of feeling crappy after the shot, but a couple months later, full on flu. I know that is a gamble of which strains will be more prevalent and maybe they got it wrong those years, but every other year I haven't gotten the shot, no flu. Sure I get maybe 1 or 2 colds a year, but those are gone in a couple days. Last year I did get a really bad cold that lasted a couple weeks, but it was more cold than flu. Really stuffed up sinuses and coughing, but no fever or flu-like exhaustion.
Of the 'healthy adults' that have been killed by the H1N1, you really have no idea just how healthy they are. Do they have some underlying condition that hasn't been diagnosed? Were they one of those families that was addicted to hand sanitizer, and thus their body never really had a chance to naturally build up immunity?
I think there is so much more media attention around absolutely everything these days, that this really is a big media scare. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but more attention is being brought to it.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
My daughter is a dietary aid at an old folks home in town, I just took her for a flu shot. Apparently everyone there has to get their flu shot and if they opt out they will be laid off without pay until flu season is over.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the shot today. Not sick and still have only 2 eyes..
according to CTV news, you slipped in just under the wire Ken. they project the province will have exhausted it's supply of flu shots by tomorrow.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk, Drug companies just made billions. Put a little scare into people and get it on the media that it's flu season and there is some h1n1 going around, boom.

Top Bottom