H1N1 Flu Vaccination....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 28th of Dec I started feeling sick. by the 31st I felt like the end was nigh. Vet says I most likely have H1N1, drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. I'm feeling like I've made it over the hump, but that was one of the most nasty plagues I've ever had. has anyone got their flu shots? Why or why not? Seems like a good topic.....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going in on Thursday, to get ours, my wife's sister is a nurse in Houston momorial hospital, she said as of Friday they had a 16 year old and 18 year old that passed away that day because of this bad flu, said It should be hitting younger people much more harder in the north, said it should be here in canada mid January from there predictions, she urged us to get it

take it for what it's worth

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 28th of Dec I started feeling sick. by the 31st I felt like the end was nigh. Vet says I most likely have H1N1, drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. I'm feeling like I've made it over the hump, but that was one of the most nasty plagues I've ever had. has anyone got their flu shots? Why or why not? Seems like a good topic.....
Is it faster to get in to see a vet than a Doc. ?? Seven years of med school either way.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going in on Thursday, to get ours, my wife's sister is a nurse in Houston momorial hospital, she said as of Friday they had a 16 year old and 18 year old that passed away that day because of this bad flu, said It should be hitting younger people much more harder in the north, said it should be here in canada mid January from there predictions, she urged us to get it

take it for what it's worth
so far there are over 1000 confirmed cases of H1N1 in Alberta alone and 9 deaths. I'd say your sister's hospital predictions are a tad off....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think we are talking to different strains, not sure what they are calling the latest strain

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Chuck Norris never gets a flu shot. The flu virus would die a horrible, screaming death if it ever tried to invade Chuck Norris.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the flu shot and the wife didn't. she been sick lots. might be due to a daycare in out house

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't whine too much about the daycare as it paid for my new 800 pro and my son's 2013 600, so a few germs coming in is okay
I remember the days of kids and wow, always sick. Now we get to watch our daughter and her kids go through it.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the flu shot every year at work. With my work we see a lot of sick people every shift. The hospital is usually full of people with the flu.

I have never had the flu.

Yes it's a personal choice to get the flu shot.

Top Bottom