H1N1 Flu Vaccination....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't do the flu shot. My mom is a public health nurse, and she always tells me to get it. My dad is a doctor and he doesn't seem to think I really need it. I know my mom used to bring me to get it, until I went away for school. Since then I have got the flu shot twice, and both of those years I got the flu. Not just the few days of feeling crappy after the shot, but a couple months later, full on flu. I know that is a gamble of which strains will be more prevalent and maybe they got it wrong those years, but every other year I haven't gotten the shot, no flu. Sure I get maybe 1 or 2 colds a year, but those are gone in a couple days. Last year I did get a really bad cold that lasted a couple weeks, but it was more cold than flu. Really stuffed up sinuses and coughing, but no fever or flu-like exhaustion.
Of the 'healthy adults' that have been killed by the H1N1, you really have no idea just how healthy they are. Do they have some underlying condition that hasn't been diagnosed? Were they one of those families that was addicted to hand sanitizer, and thus their body never really had a chance to naturally build up immunity?
I think there is so much more media attention around absolutely everything these days, that this really is a big media scare. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but more attention is being brought to it.

There you have it! People keep drinking the H1N1oolaide. There is "usually" another underlying health issue that rarely gets reported. As previously mentioned, more people die from the regular seasonal flu, which being vaccinated for is a total crap shoot. Eating healthy, sleep, hydration, exercise have all been proven to be the best prevention. Single best thing you can do to prevent flu....hand washing and keeping your hands away form nose and mouth. Health care facilities with high hand washing compliance have the lowest infection rates!

No one wants to get sick however the new agenda seems to be about "trying" to prevent it. Remember how many times you got the flu as a child. Had the flu shot once and said never again. We personally will stay away from heavy metals and other toxic additives.....getting the flu seems a far better alternative as my body can deal with what mother nature dishes out.

This in the papers today:

As Alberta scrambles to bring in the last available influenza vaccines from Italy, Gardam says the efforts are futile as the flu season has already peaked, adding that flu shots at this point are of "limited benefit".

Life is about choices....to each their own.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Family got the shot this morning, brought up the idea about hurting the body's auto amune system to the nurse...

She said what they are giving us is less than .01 of a percent of a body's amune system over your life, she said health defects to organs and such from having the flu with high fevers, far out weight the body's auto amune system ( like 100 to 1)

She mentioned that the people that receive this flu, it's a living hell, like nothing they have had before, sometimes wishing they were dead:mad:

she said for 4 out of ten people not getting the shot, it's about having the needle:eek: And having to find a clinic...

Hope we beet this one

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Wife got it today bout 2:30 at northgate flu clinic she said no line walked right in a sat down no line up

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First Flu shot for me yesterday.Lots of talk about it around work here. Im a partsman in a coal mine and ride the bus so i figured I'm in contact with a lot of people who won't take time off from work when they get sick so why not try to protect myself as much as possible. Besides I play with my granddaughter just about every day and I would hate to think that I may have infected her and could have prevented it by getting a shot. Her mom is a nurse so both she and my granddaughter had to get the shot also.I understand also that I could still get the disease but the effects wont be as great. I can still sled when only partially sick but not when bed-ridden!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Anyone see the early news H1N1 epidemic in Toronto 5 confirmed cases.....wow....as Rick Mercer says Torontarded

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CALGARY — The latest flu numbers from Alberta Health Services show there have been three more flu-related deaths in Calgary.

In total, 15 people have died from flu-related illnesses in the province this season, 10 in Calgary.

Calgary has also had the highest numbers of confirmed cases of the H1N1 and the highest number of people who had to be hospitalized in the intensive care units.

These numbers only reflect the number of people who were tested for the virus, but many people get sick and aren’t tested.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't gotten the flu yet persay since my shot but have had 2 colds since then. And I never get colds....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remeber this thread.
Go back and read some of the posts.
Is the covid 19 a spin off to this?

HMMMMMMMM!
I had forgot I even started it. but I sure remember being sick, worst flu I've ever had. that's what scares me about this covid deal. I even bought a pulse oximeter in case I get it, but I'll know when to head to emerg this time.

Top Bottom