guy, broken jaw/face accident?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy came into our emerg and he had hit his face somehow on his sleds bars... broke his jaw right in half as in 2 floppy peices at the chin and a few other spots. Helmet? no idea but... Teeth smashed and this guy was TOUGH he was just holding his jaw together with his bare hands! If this guy is on snow and mud and reads this ..I hope you are feeling MUCH better !

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
A guy came into our emerg and he had hit his face somehow on his sleds bars... broke his jaw right in half as in 2 floppy peices at the chin and a few other spots. Helmet? no idea but... Teeth smashed and this guy was TOUGH he was just holding his jaw together with his bare hands! If this guy is on snow and mud and reads this ..I hope you are feeling MUCH better !

HOPE THE GUYS OKAY.... YOU MUST SEE SOME BAD THINGS COME IN THERE, EH?? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HE WAS WEARING A HELMET......????

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I don't know..I don't do blood and guts LOL One of the nurses knew I was a sledhead and came down to rehab to tell me about it. When I went down the guy was sitting and waiting to see a Dr. I am thinking he for sure had no frontal face type helmet. I am hoping he is on here so he can tell us what happened!!...did think that was the time or place to advertise snowandmud.com LOL

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, I laughed so hard when I read that I spit water out my nose!!! Never even thought of it!! :Happy4:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he coulda been wearing a helmet with no chin gaurd, i use to have a polaris helmut and i smashed my chin gaurd on my bars so i got rid of it. Not safe with out one

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, I laughed so hard when I read that I spit water out my nose!!! Never even thought of it!! :Happy4:

He could of been wearing a helmet with a chin guard.. A freind of mine was riding out in the mountains around terrace BC. He was wit han inexperienced rider, hew did a cornice drop and had the old style D mountain bars(steel).. the steel mntn bar went right undere chin guard and split his cheeks right back to the jaw bone .. So it can happen wit ha proper helmet, Not sure if helmet was sized properly though.. But i hope that that guy recovers well and speedy as the snow is leaving....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine smashed his face off the bars of his sled, he was wearing a cheapo moto-x style helmet that he got from crappy tire. non snell approved but had a dot sticker, the front piece broke and went into his face cutting him up badly and knocking out a couple teeth. a helmet is not a piece of equipment to try and save a few bucks on IMO.....

hope the dude mentioned above has a speedy recovery.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to put a cable style grab handle on my sled but after reading this the flexable strap seems better, what does everyone think?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to put a cable style grab handle on my sled but after reading this the flexable strap seems better, what does everyone think?
my first set of mtn bars were with the old steel grab bar, took a long time to adjust to the flexible ones. now it's the crazy 8" riser that's gonna get me I fear....lol. definitely go with the flexible grab bar, seems I only use it to get turned uphill at slow speeds anyways.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Caper...

I've tried the cable/strap type handle and did not like them,,,, there was to much flex/give within the handle to react fast enough when you pulled on it (for my liking).

I've since switched to a flexible/semi-rigid handle. The one on my older Rev was made by Fabcraft, the second one I purchased from Mountain Magic on 85st & 120 Ave for around $25. Both are the bolt/clamp style. They were both solid enough that when you pull, the sled responds... :) and soft enough that they will give when impacted... :eek:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Caper...

I've tried the cable/strap type handle and did not like them,,,, there was to much flex/give within the handle to react fast enough when you pulled on it (for my liking).

I've since switched to a flexible/semi-rigid handle. The one on my older Rev was made by Fabco, the second one I purchased from Mountain Magic on 85st & 120 Ave for around $25. Both are the bolt/clamp style. They were both solid enough that when you pull, the sled responds... :) and soft enough that they will give when impacted... :eek:
Does it look like the ones that come on the dragons?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fabcraft mtn bars are good.. They are stiff enough for when you grab and pull on them.. But if you impact them they have give to them also... One other point to is the fact to MAKE SURE that your helmet FITS PROPERLY, cause a helmet that is to loose is capable of moving around to much especially in the case of an impact.. And it can pivot up and down easily, but als oyou dont want one that is to tight either because then it's not comfortable..

Quadster

Reaction score

wow what happned to this guy..

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This sounds very familiar.My Brother and his buddy were somewhere around Sundri or Caroline when my brothers buddy went over backwards and the front rack crushed his face.Busted his jaw up bad along with bones in his face.Both guys being fireman and wearing helmits.My brother somehow got him to the hospital,dont know the whole story but this guy is still going through reconstuctive surgery and my bro told me he just bought another quad a couple of week,s ago and on his first camping trip the trailer quad and truck went up in flames.This may not be the same guy but it sounds familiar and I will get him to read this post and reply himself!Anyway never assume someone is not wearing a helmit untill you know for sure because they can only do so much with a 600 pound quad comming down on them.
catmando!

Top Bottom