Grizzly bear

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
was just about to post that it was an alaskan bear hunt....isn't it crazy how these get a story added to them? I mean, someone has to write it, knowing full well they are completely full of chit....

Kinda the way things go around here sometimes :rolleyes: :beer:

Would have made quadding in the hills more interesting though.....

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't hunt so I have a few questions.

First is elk season and bear season the same time or do they overlap?

Bear aren't hunted too often cause there isn't too much use for them besides the skin/fur right? I've even plenty of wild game but never have I had the opportunity to eat bear.

Dose anyone eat bear?

what are the chances that person with an elk tag has a bear tag aswell at the same time?

It is even legal to hunt grizzly bears? I can understand if it's killing your livestock.

I want to call BS on the story alone. The pics may be real but any educated hunter wouldn't go blasting away a bear if that's not what they went out for.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bear aren't hunted too often cause there isn't too much use for them besides the skin/fur right? I've even plenty of wild game but never have I had the opportunity to eat bear.

Dose anyone eat bear?

what are the chances that person with an elk tag has a bear tag aswell at the same time?

It is even legal to hunt grizzly bears? I can understand if it's killing your livestock.

I want to call BS on the story alone. The pics may be real but any educated hunter wouldn't go blasting away a bear if that's not what they went out for.

For Grizzly's i beleive it is limited entry only. BUT on the same token if a bear is comin up on your hunting partner or buddy i wouldn't care if it was in season or if i had a tag. I'd shoot it before it ate my buddy if it didn't scare off with a warning shot. I cant say if the story part is true or not as i just received the email and dont know the people, I just thought that they were some really cool pics.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

black bear season yes there is a spring season and then a fall season, grizzly bear season is in the spring only and is a limited entry draw. there is no grizzly season in AB.

Dose anyone eat bear?
I was eating bear pepperoni a few days ago. spring bear better for eating because less fat

chances are very high, unless they have no interest in hunting a bear
It is even legal to hunt grizzly bears? I can understand if it's killing your livestock.yes, yukon, the NWT(i think) and BC all have a season for grizzly, as well as alaska where these photos are actually from

Only in self defense as this story was supposed to be about

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definatly not saddle hills. Lived in this area My whole life never seen grizzly this big here. This email has gone around for years saying its from different areas even emails saying its fake well either way its very old email if its real great but dont make a story up trying to make you feel big that its from somewhere its not have more proof to back it up. And yes the trees in background are not from this area so that makes it not from saddle hills

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can look up the record for beer kills..just google it.I know a guy named tim who has a top ten moose kill just north west of edmonton..from 1974 i think,

Top Bottom