Grizzly bear

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an email about a grizzly bear that was shot on sept 20/2010 in Saddle hill, AB..

Grizzly Bear shot Saddle Hills Alberta, Sept 20/2010

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills when this big guy slipped in on the caller. Shooter spotted the bear 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Rem Mag.. Farmers in the area knew about the Bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area.

Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but notice on surveillance video that when ever a he would enter his hump would hit the top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in.

Check out the scar tissue on his face…...

Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs…..

Attachments

• image001aaa.jpg
    image001aaa.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 346
  • image003aaaa.jpg
    image003aaaa.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 348
  • image004aaa.jpg
    image004aaa.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 341
  • image005aaa.jpg
    image005aaa.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an email about a grizzly bear that was shot on sept 20/2010 in Saddle hill, AB..

Grizzly Bear shot Saddle Hills Alberta, Sept 20/2010

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills when this big guy slipped in on the caller. Shooter spotted the bear 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Rem Mag.. Farmers in the area knew about the Bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area.

Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but notice on surveillance video that when ever a he would enter his hump would hit the top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in.

Check out the scar tissue on his face…...

Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs…..

holy shat thats one big bear.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yea I seen that back in 1972 when i was in the University dorm

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that Glen changed my post. I couldn't imagine plugging five shots into that thing hoping it would stop moving. Big as a cow it is.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i sure hope I get my LEH this spring and can go get me one of them there bears!!
I reserved the cabin , its the hurry up and wait thing. and you can slap him in the head with the mop when he shows up and I'll have my helmet cam by then LOL

ps 300 holand&holand mop

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man these picture's go around the net every two years with a different story each time....Just like that bull elk that scored..525..Oh well I guess everyone get to see the pictures at some point..but don't put my stock in the story that goes with it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that Glen changed my post. I couldn't imagine plugging five shots into that thing hoping it would stop moving. Big as a cow it is.

I didnt change any posts, i am not able to change other people's posts.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he ate the steel door off are sled cabin & wrecked the coffee pot after 45 mile ride I want coffee and a door on its hinges that closes

Thats pretty well an average size for up where you are at eh troll.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man these picture's go around the net every two years with a different story each time....Just like that bull elk that scored..525..Oh well I guess everyone get to see the pictures at some point..but don't put my stock in the story that goes with it.

i dont care about the story, i like the pictures and to see the caliber of animals that live among us. unless of course the pics are photoshopped. hunting/killing grizzlies in alberta is illegal, even in self defense there will be paper work and questions to answer.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I reserved the cabin , its the hurry up and wait thing. and you can slap him in the head with the mop when he shows up and I'll have my helmet cam by then LOL

ps 300 holand&holand mop

bad azz!! only problem is i need a tag and will want to bring it home to make a rug for the house!

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm from the Saddle Hills. I never heard of anyone taking one that big. Bear might be real but I doubt it is from my area. The tree's don't look right either. Doesn't that look more like coastal trees?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm from the Saddle Hills. I never heard of anyone taking one that big. Bear might be real but I doubt it is from my area. The tree's don't look right either. Doesn't that look more like coastal trees?

I said the same thing..."Tree's don't look like the Saddle Hills." everyone at the party mocked me. It's nice to be right. :)

Top Bottom