Grizzly Bear hunt ban in BC

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hunting ban is just the beginning, here in the East Kootenays the local enviro group, Wildsight, is on the radio stating that this is only the start, now they want the gov't to start protecting habitat from human encroachment. Their biggest concern is road density and recreational access.
Draw your own conclusions what that means.
I think we are in for the battle of our lives to protect what we have.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we are about to straighten that chit out. Time to open up the eastern slopes again. Ok for a decapitated skihill to exist for years as an eye sore abbandoned Fortress man. Que cat ski operation an the inception of Nakiska the joke of a skihill jus down the road from ol Fortress. United govt will allow us to access what is rightfully ours to access Crown Land.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The grizzly hunt is not 100% over! They just changed the Hunt from a trophy hunt to a meat hunt. So a outfitter can still guide bear hunts in BC the only difference is that when a hunter kills a beat they Cannot take the hide and skull. They go to the BC wildlife ministry, and I’m not 100% sure what happens to the from there. Long story short is bears are still getting killed, the outfitters quotas have not gone down (this year) and also a Resident can still get a tag, it’s all a big scam to appease the tree huggers in my opinion.

chedder

Reaction score
The grizzly hunt is not 100% over! They just changed the Hunt from a trophy hunt to a meat hunt. So a outfitter can still guide bear hunts in BC the only difference is that when a hunter kills a beat they Cannot take the hide and skull. They go to the BC wildlife ministry, and I’m not 100% sure what happens to the from there. Long story short is bears are still getting killed, the outfitters quotas have not gone down (this year) and also a Resident can still get a tag, it’s all a big scam to appease the tree huggers in my opinion.
No, they just announced a total ban on grizzly hunting. The trophy ban was a few months that back.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They did that this summer and now have amended it to end the hunt unless you are FN.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is that grizzly hunting was over with the trophy ban , outfitters cannot sell a bear hunt and not let a client take the cape and skull , and thre are not many people I know that want to eat grizz

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it’s a total ban?? That’s crazy to me, I heard of the meat hunt but not the total ban.

Top Bottom