great finish to the year

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I decided to take a gamble on the weather and pack up and head to Revy for the weekend, he wanted to see more of boulder, and I had a few other things in mind... after pulling my first "big" chute (redemption chute) a couple years ago in the airport I was hooked, I have been back quite a few times but every time something would not line up (weather conditions, snow conditions, group... whatever) so I haven't had a chance to rip up any of the boulder mountain chutes for a couple years, so when we got up to boulder Saturday morning I was pretty bummed when the viz was basically nil, so we ripped around for a few hours and as luck would have it, the weather broke and I booked it straight for the airport chutes once again, we got into the bottom and surveyed the scene there were no tracks in any of the chutes, avy debrie at the bottom of the chutes was manageable but viz still wasn't great, and I wasn't sure what was going on at the top of redemption (it can get dangerous at the top), so I decided to take a poke, and make the first run up the middle chute, we tried to film it but it turns out Jordy is the worst person on a camera....EVER lol, but I nailed my line perfect and shot out the top, man what a rush!! I came back down and we sat around chatting with some cool guys from ft mac for a bit them we took off, we cam back a few hours later to see if anyone esle had been playing and there were a few more tracks up the middle chute and as we were sitting there Jordy is bugging me to do it again so he can watch this time and not worry about the camera, and there was a small group sitting at the top admiring the chutes so I said what the hell... nailed my new line prefect again and blasted out of the top. I know these airport chutes aren't really that big compared to the other stuff on boulder but I was pumped to nail it perfect twice to finish my season!!!
we did get one pic
airport.jpg

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice poke(z) !! The picture doesn't due it justice !
Redemption chute....is this the one to the left ? Thanks

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice poke(z) !! The picture doesn't due it justice !
Redemption chute....is this the one to the left ? Thanks

yea Redemption is the one to the left, first rock chute you look up when you drop in

Doug I don't think I have any free weekends left before the snow is gone... maybe a day trip up your way but that will be pushing it.

Top Bottom