Grande Prarie got snow ?

Reaction score
heading up to visit the inlaws in a week and half just want to know if I should bring the sleds, and where is some good spots to go close to town

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
closest will be kakwa,tubler ridge or cheywnd.all about 2 hours,chetwnd about 3 hours.lots of snow at either one.

Reaction score
Not enough around town to ride, check out north east BC thread, Kakwa adn tumbler ridge if you want to ride. Kakwa is just opening up on Tuesday and hopefully the reports of good snow are true. I will be heading there Thursday and Friday. Its a 2 hr drive to the staging area if the road is in good shape, from there its a groomed trail approx 45 min to the lake. I dont think the groomer will have the trail groomed all the way to the lake by the weekend tho. Should be alot of locals out there this weekend. See if you can hook onto someone because its a big area.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a chinook going through, melting snow like crazy, you will have to head closer to the mountains like the above folks posted. But that doesn't mean we won't have a lot of snow by the time you come up.

Top Bottom