Gps

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone using a gps unit when quading, I was thinking it might be handy in the bush. Can you recomend a durable gps unit that isn't too expensive? Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone using a gps unit when quading, I was thinking it might be handy in the bush. Can you recomend a durable gps unit that isn't too expensive? Thanks
Garmin Rino units....great for quadding and sledding. Has built-in FRS radio and you can poll other users (on the same channel) and see where they are on the screen.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where are ya dave i can't find ya.

have to agree with dave rhino series is the best.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a Garmin Rhino. Great unit, easy to use and stands up great to mud and water. The battery lasts pretty long as well. I have it mounted to the dash in my rzr with a Ram mount. Best is it has a built in radio to contact other people. You can also save people into the gps if they also have a rhino and see where they are located at all times. I also have the Western Canadian upgrade in mine and was suprised when most of the quad trails where we usually ride were already in the GPS. We bought ours from the states because the radio wattage is higher on us models.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got a iPhone down load the ski tracks app, it works like a gps. It is a cool app and is amazingly accurate!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Garmin 60cx that has found us a way home more than once, but it has been replaced by the Rhino series. That will be my next one, love the radio idea as well as a finder for other units.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went from a Garmin 62Cx to a Rino 650, Only because I lost the old one. Was happy with the 62, and REALLY happy with the new rino 650.

Get a RAM mount - gives you lots of options for mounting the GPS to your quad if you don't want to carry in your pocket.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, where's the best place to get a gps? Walmart? Can tire?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bass Pro shops in Ballsak has the 62Cx (or whatever the number is now). GPS City and GPS central (both in Calgary) seems to have good prices and selection, but have never dealt with them. www.gpscity.ca www.gpscentral.ca

I ended up buying my Rino 650 from Communications Group in Red Deer since I couldn't wait.

You can find RAM mounts direct from their web site www.rammount.com or off ebay.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to be tough to beat the gps city price in canada. period. and they can get you set up and running, london drugs, walmart, crap tire are a waste of time, as they have no idea, and will help you read the packaged instructions. and you will need some help.

garmin rhino series is by far the best all round gps. just for the communication feature.

Top Bottom