Gps

Redneck Woman

Reaction score
Hi
My sister is looking to buy for her husbands birthday, A GPS he can use for snowmobiling.
She would like one that he can down load on the computer after a day of riding .
Any recommendations on a good easy to use GPS.
Thank you :)

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A Garman is a great gps and you can get a good software package for it. I have a 530hcs. I recall and it's been good. Seen some of the new touch screen units and I would stick with the one I have. Go to discover Gps on Calgary trail next to sonic radio let them know you seen it on snowandmud. They will give you a great deal.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go with the "SPOT" system, you get the tracking along with a check-in feature and the 911 distress call. I have had mine for 2 years now and think it is great. I think it's 169 Canadian. Sorry I should have read the post better. The SPOT does not do GPS handheld tracking. But it does send it to your home computer.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Garman 76 CSx. great GPS. easy to use and never let me down. can tie into lap top and use with a program called nroute. also compatible with Mapsource and Soft Map Plus. I think that any of the Garman GPS a great . I also have a Garman Nuvi 250W that works awesome for highway ans city travel.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Garmin Nuvi 550 that is not a handheld but can be used as one, water proof and
work for sledding and your Truck, has all the goodies, and downloading capable you want.

You have to get the bolt on braket for the sled or you will lost it and your buddy TKO will drive right over it then stop to pick it up, lucky me.

best deal I could find was at Whole Sale Sports off of the yellowhead.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned a Garmin handheld is good. I have a GPSMap60CSX that works great in all terrain. It does not lose satellite communication in the trees. It has a compass and altimeter built in. You can load your tracks onto Mapsource in your computer and then view on Google Earth. Very cool to look at. Battery life is great and it uses AA batteries. Also you can load in Topo maps easily. Bought mine at GPS Central in Calgary.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the garmin eTREX legend HCx and it is awesome, it saves my tracks and showes where ive been, you can hook it up to the computer and download the tracks or make new ones and it will follow them if you want it to while your one the trail, you can also download software and it will show you the nearest gas station or resturant or what ever you want, and if you download the topo software it shows you every little stream or lake and all the different elevations of the hills and everything. it is a nice small hand held unit and i use it in my truck and on my quad. but in my opinion you gotta go garmin they got the best units and best software out there. Oh ya and its water proof

Top Bottom