GPS Tracking devices, anyone tried them?

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good system, some have high monthly fees but this one from Kryptonite seems good. 400$ plus 40$ a year. Anyone tried anything like this. Gotta try somthing to keep my stuff out of the hands of the maggots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 122

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any first hand experience with this device but there are two things that come to mind:

1. I'm sure it has a power requirement which would need to be connected to a battery some how so it wouldn't be a great option for a non electric start sled.

2. I assume these devices rely on the cellular network to transmit their locations back to their server which would in turn update the app on your phone/ computer, etc. I wonder if knowing this thieves could circumvent cellular coverage (especially in BC) until they have an opportunity to look over a sled for any type of tracking device.

aiden1983

Reaction score
Our company uses it on all of our vehicles and major pieces of equipment to track usage, location and a bunch of other items. They work very well and are very easy to hide. If the sled is in a trailer or anything with a metal roof it will not be seen (only last location). Also the system we use does not use cell towers and the majority of our work areas have little to no coverage.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been doin alota readin lately.....those locks can be bump hacked apparently..do research...lock in a can best bet..see alota those setups on construction sites..doin same...will post setup next week

calgary'

google spot trace

google Tile or This is Tile this looks promiseing for next year

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but another security measure I was looking at was those alarmed cable locks? Anybody use those at all?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used GPS Police. Didn't do at all what they claimed it would do. I had the unit in my truck to test it and had my daughter refresh my tracking position on the PC. She said you are at a Gas station. I said yes. I'll call you back in a bit. I called her back and asked OK where am I now. She says you are still at the gas station. I said no..... It showed my truck was at the gas station for a day and a half. WTF. I did many tests and it was never consistent. So I told them, they gave me a new unit. I tested it again. Same thing. So they said bring it back. A week goes buy and I get an email saying they have refunded my money and they were sorry GPS Police did not meet my expectations???? WTF It wouldn't do what they claimed it would do. STAY AWAY FROM GPS POLICE. It's JUNK! I emailed them a year later asking them if they got their $hit together yet. They went on with rambling saying the unit was not meant for a trailer (which is where it was going to be installed) I laughed and told them it was in the truck while I was testing it!!! They did not respond.

Top Bottom