Got the Mountain Horse on

Rufer19

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to show off my new toy.
I bought a used 2010 YZ450 this summer and just found a slightly used MH kit.
Just got it all put together and was able to take it down the back alley for a cruise.
Hopefully she's a little more maneuverable with deeper snow.

Anyways so far my thoughts are:
Hard to get used to leaning but not turning
Doesn't turn on a dime
Getting used to keeping feet on foot pegs and not putting them down all the time
Using a hand brake for rear brakes will be different
Back of boot either rubbing on chain or track
No headlight so far
Also seems hard to turn handlebars

Again this is all with very minimal seat time as well as marginal snow. Hope to take it out west in a couple weeks.
Things I still need to get/add- front brake line, headlight, prefilter material, air filter sock, cut fork guards to fit spindle.
Anything else anyone can think of? Any special tools or bolts to carry now as compared to sledding? I think I know the answer, but is it possible to tow one of these out if they quit ya in the back country?
Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using

goodtogo

Reaction score
Lol do not rate your timbersled on its first ride and on hard pack just wait till you find some powder and some really steep terrain , I would also look into a thermostat but other than that your list looks complete

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol do not rate your timbersled on its first ride and on hard pack just wait till you find some powder and some really steep terrain , I would also look into a thermostat but other than that your list looks complete

Exactly. I've never ridden one, but spent a day last winter watching a 74 year old guy from Calgary on one. The thing was amazing in the fresh snow, but just brutally hard to control on hard pack. Your ride down the alley should not be your first impression.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished my 2010 yz 450 as well.. Wait tell you get it in the deep I just got back from riding in revvy for 3 days an bike worked awesome, its unreal in the trees and you can pick so many different lines.. Snow wasnt crazy deep I might change my tune in deeper conditions we shall see.. I dont think i"ll be riding sled much this winter
Heres a few things that i added and few pics
cyclpops led light bar, bark busters, ame heated mx grips efi wire harness from cyclops, thermostat from thermo bob, pre filter material and block off air intakes, adventure pegs, moose racing skid plate and i used some insulation board under skid plate..
I need to add rad braces, softer seat, temp gauge and bar riser

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 212
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 216
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 214
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 213
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 212
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 210

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya know what I like about snowbikes... No mud! Have a great winter on your SB guys.. Hmm sure would like to try one..

Rufer19

Reaction score
Hey JR,
Couple questions for you? What model of cycra hand guards are those? Also do you have any pics at night of that headlight?
Another question for you about your intake set up, are you running the timbersled prefilter over your foam filter, what type of material did you use on the shrouds, any problems with ice or snow in the air box? Any trouble with fuel in the oil?
Sorry for all the questions just trying to be as ready as I can be for next week, headed to Revelstoke myself. By the way where did you ride in Revelstoke?

Sent from my iPad using

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the guards got them from argyll motorsports here they were for a wr450 but fit fine,, the light is awesome i'll try and put a pic up or go to cyclops website he has video footage, running timbers pre filter and no foam filter, i got some slp pre filter material from cycle works they sell it in rolls made some brackets up and riveted it on..I also sealed up any openings around air box with silicone Never had any snow ingestion issues as snow wasnt crazy deep.. I might delete air box totally and go with some silicone hose and pod type filter like i had on my nytro i tagged a tree the one day and i see my air box is cracked and shrouds etc. I gotta dump my oil here and see if theres any fuel Im pretty sure i was running warm all the days as temps were really warm and im running a thermostat as well I'll see.. Im also running a real lean map which should help too if you have the yammi tuner i'll pass it along.. Also putting a small inline temp gauge in coolant hose so i can keep an eye on temps.. Rode sale and frisby
Hey JR,
Couple questions for you? What model of cycra hand guards are those? Also do you have any pics at night of that headlight?
Another question for you about your intake set up, are you running the timbersled prefilter over your foam filter, what type of material did you use on the shrouds, any problems with ice or snow in the air box? Any trouble with fuel in the oil?
Sorry for all the questions just trying to be as ready as I can be for next week, headed to Revelstoke myself. By the way where did you ride in Revelstoke?

Sent from my iPad using

Attachments

• photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 186

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd trade my sled for one so if you guys end up hating it. ... lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom