got son a 2006 honda 70

newf

Reaction score
Stoped at bruterheime on weekend by law enforcement officer and informed I have to install a headlight and taillight on sons honda 70. This something new, if not why are they sold with out these items?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Heard rumours,guess they'r true.I'l have to rig something up on my kids bikes.:rant:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
That sucks? I wonder if just a battery operated bicycle type of tail light and headlight will be good enough. Its not like our kids are gonna be out in the dark with their 50's and 80's anyways right?

newf

Reaction score
He never asked for ins. or reg. I had the bike and quad on the trailer already and he did'nt see me driving them. I do have it all , you don't have to produce it if your not unloaded. He said it's for night driving,who night drives on a kids dirt bike? how powerful of a headlight can I get to run on a bike with no battery? Surely not enought power to see at night. Who is the minister in charge of this stuff, I need to give them my 2 cents worth. I'm headed to honda right now , let you know what they say.

newf

Reaction score
Just got back from honda....$300.00 plus installation. Went to R.C.M.P and they told me that it was a conservation officer that stoped me and that they don't fully understand the rules. If I'm not driving at night then they can't enforce the headlight and taillight rule on a dirt bike. Waste of time, a judge would throw it out.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks for checkin that out for us NEWF.Really didn't want to waste time riggin up lites:d:d

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
you best be getting that in writing because to fight the ticket that you will get will cost more than the ticket in lost wages etc... there isnt a clause that i am aware of that states that you only need them at night. they do clearly say however that they must be discernable from 60 feet. both the headlight and taillight. if i can find the law i was reading i will post it up for you.

Top Bottom