Got Busted !

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a bull**** law and cops need to go find some real crime, lazy f*cks

Law is the law you do the crime be prepared to pay no different than speeding or failing to stop etc you break the law be prepared to pay

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they want to issue ticket's they should have a really good look at some of those truck's on the road with 38" tires with no mudflap , they are windshield cracker's lol

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got busted several weeks ago. Then a half hour later a buddy got a ticket at the same spot. For some reason, they only gave be a $57 ticket and gave hime a ticket for about $120. That seems odd, eh?

There are two different tickets that police hand out for tint. From my experience, EPS like to hand out the $115 ticket, and RC's seem to hand out the $57 ticket. The $57 ticket is the more accurate ticket for tint, and you can almost always talk a crown prosecutor down to it, if you are issued the $115 ticket.

Section 70(1) of the Vehicle Equipment Regulations ($57 dollar ticket) states:

70(1) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window
glazing in a windshield or in a left or right side window of a motor
vehicle that is beside or forward of the driver with a transparent,
translucent or opaque material.

Section 65(1)(d) of the Traffic Safety Act, which is more of a catch-all ($115) states:

65(1) Except as otherwise permitted under this Act, a person shall
not do any of the following:

(d) drive or operate a vehicle on a highway unless the vehicle
and its equipment are used in a manner or as prescribed or
provided for by regulation;

Hope that clears things up a little. It's all BS, if you ask me.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tint actually safer IMO glass doesn't shatter stats in one piece fold it in when broke. Like the duct tape x firefighter use just its already there

Never used duct tape on a window, and I broke one last night. Cover the patient than break glass. Tint does hold it, but Im not going to trust it.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rules rules and more rules... I agree. Go catch a real criminal or something other than criminalizing honest taxpayers.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two different tickets that police hand out for tint. From my experience, EPS like to hand out the $115 ticket, and RC's seem to hand out the $57 ticket. The $57 ticket is the more accurate ticket for tint, and you can almost always talk a crown prosecutor down to it, if you are issued the $115 ticket.

Section 70(1) of the Vehicle Equipment Regulations ($57 dollar ticket) states:

70(1) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window
glazing in a windshield or in a left or right side window of a motor
vehicle that is beside or forward of the driver with a transparent,
translucent or opaque material.

Section 65(1)(d) of the Traffic Safety Act, which is more of a catch-all ($115) states:

65(1) Except as otherwise permitted under this Act, a person shall
not do any of the following:

(d) drive or operate a vehicle on a highway unless the vehicle
and its equipment are used in a manner or as prescribed or
provided for by regulation;

Hope that clears things up a little. It's all BS, if you ask me.
theoretically they could charge you with both infractions, one for putting the tint on, the other for driving the vehicle with the tint.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theoretically they could charge you with both infractions, one for putting the tint on, the other for driving the vehicle with the tint.

Not necessarily, they would need evidence that you were the one who put the tint on. I'm sure the poor guy that bought a used vehicle with tint wouldn't be to happy about getting a ticket for tint, and another one for installing tint he didn't put on.

Sent from a iPhone

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I laugh every time I see guys whining about tint tickets. It's the law, has been for quite a while, and it's there for a good reason. Put yourself in the shoes of a cop walking up to a BLACK window...There are a-hole cops out there but at the end of the day they want to go home to their family, just like the rest of us.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I laugh every time I see guys whining about tint tickets. It's the law, has been for quite a while, and it's there for a good reason. Put yourself in the shoes of a cop walking up to a BLACK window...There are a-hole cops out there but at the end of the day they want to go home to their family, just like the rest of us.
I got one about 20 years ago at a big checkstop on the yellowhead, tried rolling down my windows before I pulled up to the officer but he was too saavy for that....smiled and gave me a coupon.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never bought that argument.There could be six armed hooligans in the back seat.

I agree.
My dad is retired RCMP and he said it was more for pedestrians back in the day so they could make eye contact at a crosswalk before walking out-usually where someone is turning right on a corner. He said that argument doesn't hold up well now though because alot of people are dumb and just walk out regardless.
I like it cuz in the summer it keeps it cooler inside my truck.
I have had to peel it twice. Never a ticket. In Red Deer they are dicks though-peel it off on the spot or they will tow it. Anyone who has had to peel old tint off knows that isn't safer when the glue won't come off.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree.
My dad is retired RCMP and he said it was more for pedestrians back in the day so they could make eye contact at a crosswalk before walking out-usually where someone is turning right on a corner. He said that argument doesn't hold up well now though because alot of people are dumb and just walk out regardless.
I like it cuz in the summer it keeps it cooler inside my truck.
I have had to peel it twice. Never a ticket. In Red Deer they are dicks though-peel it off on the spot or they will tow it. Anyone who has had to peel old tint off knows that isn't safer when the glue won't come off.

officers must have lots of time to kill if they are going to sit there and wait while you peel the tint off your windows.........

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. They hand you a razor and say get at it.
I had one cut a nick in it, peel half of it of towards the front and say go get the other one off when u get home. Saved me tinting both again lol.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. They hand you a razor and say get at it.
I had one cut a nick in it, peel half of it of towards the front and say go get the other one off when u get home. Saved me tinting both again lol.

That right there is vandalism regardless of wether or not the ring is legal. They can't cut it themselves. And they can't make you take it off. It has zero effect on the safe operation of the motor vehicle. Unlike brakes or tires etc that they can tow a vehicle for but rarely do.
You can roll windows down and take off later. Now the tint has nothing to do with anything. It's hard to do without being ignorant but peeps have to stop letting bully cops push them around
Jmo
Btw have more than a few RCMP friends :) they are good to have just sayin

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Btw have more than a few RCMP friends :) they are good to have just sayin

I used to have an RCMP neighbor. He told me that I should drop his name if I ever get pulled over for speeding, but I never did because it felt kinda retarded.

Top Bottom