GoPro Helmet Cam's

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a GoPro hemet cam, wondering if others out there ride with them and what kind of feed back they have? Got the one that takes two AAA's 170* wide angle lens, 5 mp sensor,

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
They work great.... I've had mine for a few years now. Just have to make sure you use lithium batteries. If I bought a new one, I would get the new HD one with the new re-chargeable batteries.

Here's a couple vids.....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJzKacEzo0[/YT]

and one of the camera mounted on one of my race boats....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6-og-TdCmw[/YT]

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lithiums are a must. We are in valemount this weekend and the non lurching freeze and die in no time. I have 2 and love them. It just seems the best footage happens when the cameras off lol

Captainkip

Reaction score
A buddy fit one to his wing strut on his Husky Aviat airplane. He does lots of winter flying on skis. You can see it get pellted hard with snow and ice on take off and it never skips a beat. Great footage from them. Definately built strong.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A buddy fit one to his wing strut on his Husky Aviat airplane. He does lots of winter flying on skis. You can see it get pellted hard with snow and ice on take off and it never skips a beat. Great footage from them. Definately built strong.

I fly model airplanes as well and I had a hard landing once....camera went flying across the grass field and works fine....they are tough.

here's a video on an airplane....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcuvDU8_O6M[/YT]

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the HD Pro for Christmas this year. It charges the battery when you plug it into the computer. So far I love it. Unbelievable how clear the picture is and that's not even on the 1080 setting. :beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havehad mine for a couple years now. love it. very easy to use and never misses a beat. just got to use lithium batteries. we got 5 or 6 of them in our sled group and they all work awesome.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my HD pro, but for some reason this year the lcd screen on the front of the unit just stopped working for no reason:confused:, that and the case clips are flimsy and crack super easy but other then these probelms it great. Use it sledding, sportbiking, time attack racing etc. Was thinking of strapping it to one of my russells when their at the dog park and watch em fly, could make an interesting video:d

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the best deal in Calgary on a Go Pro camera?

I actually bought myn in cross iron mills mall at a kiosk in the middle of the mall. It's the go pro hd and it came with like 12 diff attachments and the rechargeable lithium battery and a bunch of cords. i think i payed 365ish including tax. i then went to future shop and bought a 32gb SD card for it for like 150 i think. You have to make sure the SD card is a class 4 or higher to support the HD. Been awesome so far :d

zonker892

Reaction score
Do you have any videos to share so I can see the difference?

cheers

:beer::beer::beer:

I have a contour HD aswell. . . . I will post some vids so you can compare. I like the contour better than the Gopro because it has more options where you can mount it and the sound is better quality. As soon as I figure out how to post it I will put it on for ya

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought one a year ago went to use it this weekend wont power up with batteries (and yes they are good ) but as soon as ya plug in into the cable it works ..have a email into go pro will post when i hear back

Last edited:

mrjck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know a dealer here in Calgary, PM me for his info. Getting them for about $60 off the regular $360 asking price of the GoPro HeroHD Motorsports!! Plus we can hook you up with all the accessories like rollbar mount, extra 3M mounts, and extra batteries for slightly below cost. Worth every penny!

Feel free to check out my 1st try at a sledding vid:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lLusDOHfE[/media]

If you check out my other videos, I have one of my mountain bike ripping around Calgary, also one of me at my day job at 28,000' :) Both shot with the GoPro.

Cheers!!

PS - Going to Revy in 2 weeks, hope its sunny! Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Last edited:

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
I got the HD Pro for Christmas this year. It charges the battery when you plug it into the computer. So far I love it. Unbelievable how clear the picture is and that's not even on the 1080 setting. :beer:

Second season with mine, HD Pro, with a 32 G card, but found the battery lasts just under 2 hours in the cold, so I bought a couple extras, now I go out with 3 charged and can record almost all day, just have to let the unit cool between charges, can't charge 3 in a row, have to let the charging system cool, toasted one camera by doing them back to back, at least that is what I think happened,
camera wouldn't power on after three in succession, they exchanged the camera for me, haven't had a problem since,, now I just have to learn how to edit the video to remove the not so interesting parts, awesome playback on 1080P, crystal clear,,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought one a year ago went to use it this weekend wont power up with batteries (and yes they are good ) but as soon as ya plug in into the cable it works ..have a email into go pro will post when i hear back

oh great another cecil b demills. :d:d, got any pics of tree wells, that i need to avoid.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second season with mine, HD Pro, with a 32 G card, but found the battery lasts just under 2 hours in the cold, so I bought a couple extras, now I go out with 3 charged and can record almost all day, just have to let the unit cool between charges, can't charge 3 in a row, have to let the charging system cool, toasted one camera by doing them back to back, at least that is what I think happened,
camera wouldn't power on after three in succession, they exchanged the camera for me, haven't had a problem since,, now I just have to learn how to edit the video to remove the not so interesting parts, awesome playback on 1080P, crystal clear,,

was the batteries the problem or the charger, must have been something in the camera, if you exchanged unit and works now. interesting:beer:

Top Bottom