Goodfish Lake 4th Annual Quad Rally

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was a great day we went the hard way and it was challanging in some spots,took our time used the winches and got thur.will be going back to the next one,great job and thanks to george and all the volunteers does anyone have the web site of the photographer that was out taking pictures,they announced it at the end of rally but i forgot the name.thx

Franny

Reaction score
1st prize went to Etienne Durocher of Lac la Biche.
ebdf2352ceb00e4ead1933520c77f542.jpg

2nd prize went to Hermie Wilson of Fort McMurray//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/27/b2b04a83994505b8b8f867d39f4f7c5d.jpg[/IMG
3rd prize went to Dylan Smillie of Lacombe. No picture of Dylan until next week.
If anyone wants their picture from the photographer his name is Walter Thompson. His email address is [email]walterwt@gmail.com[/email]. His phone # is 1-780-445-9014.
Thank you to everyone who came out and had fun and we hope to see you all next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So wheres all the pics of the carnage from the wknd?? And the list of winners for those prizes??
Had a great rip on the RZR till I blew a bead on front tire & broke another rear axle!!! Then it got interesting getting through all the crap holes. Worst part is the idiot rides that figure we can squeeze 2-3 wide on a single lane trail. And thanks to the guy that rear ended me & then couldnt even figure out how to get his quad into reverse!!! Get the F**K OFF the RALLIES!!!

yeah there were multiple times where I was slightly off center of the trail only to be blown past by a guy on a renegade spraying me with all kinds of mud/water/branches. then 200 yards down the trail the same retard pulls over for a beer break so he can race past people again 5 minutes later! and while there were lots of helpful people, its amazing the number of people who won't help a guy get unstuck let alone ask if they're broken down! Don't get me wrong though it was a great rally, lots of people helped me get unstuck (one in particular took two RZR's and a quad) and me and my brother did our best to return the favour to everyone else. I'll definitely try to make it next year but hopefully on a new machine!

jamoanlee

Reaction score
Didn't work out too well for me didn't even make the half way point lol the new 1k sportsman was running hot and my sister on the can am had a rollover no Injurys thankfully

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the ride itself. Great terrain. I think we got back to the truck at 7. I did think it was a little disorganized. at the start there was a large group of us that didn't even know if we were going the right direction down the road.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the ride itself. Great terrain. I think we got back to the truck at 7. I did think it was a little disorganized. at the start there was a large group of us that didn't even know if we were going the right direction down the road.

Start and end were poorly marked but the rest of the trails were marked really good I found. Only slightly confusing part was during the "easy" section where you had to drive right through someone's yard lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Start and end were poorly marked but the rest of the trails were marked really good I found. Only slightly confusing part was during the "easy" section where you had to drive right through someone's yard lol

did they have food on the bbq for you at that point? cold beverages?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not this yr. That same yard last yr was the one selling burgers & banock. Wasnt even part of the rally. You had to go a few Kms down the road still.
This yr it was a turning point to get back onto the trail. Almost went ripping past it because thought it was the same deal as last year.

And the halfway point was a long half way.. But set up good this time with people there putting out the food rather than last yrs just grab it out the bakc of a truck & fend for your self.

I mentioned the start point to the staff this yr.. They need a sign at the hall telling you to go 10kms down before trails start. It was confussing seeing quads coming & going in both directions trying to find the trial entrance.

Franny

Reaction score

Our quad rally is yet to be perfected. Thanks for the honest criticism. Next year we will have signs for start and end. Not sure if they we're put up because I haven't spoke to George. But Kelly told me our signs on the hiways were pulled out and taken. Some things are done last minute because people have pulled down flagging tape and so on. Thanks for letting us know because this quad rally is just much as yours as much it is ours. We couldn't do it if it weren't for you all. We are very greatful. If anyone has suggestions do not hesitate to call Carl at 780-636-2549.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great rally guys. Keep up the great work and maybe you should have a summer one, what a blast that would be. Food for thought.

Franny

Reaction score
Great rally guys. Keep up the great work and maybe you should have a summer one, what a blast that would be. Food for thought.
The Whitefish Lake Band ( Goodfish Lake) is putting one up July 4th. 10 cash prizes 40 km easy riding and a mud bogg after the rally. They will be putting up posters and advertising. For more info call the Band office at (780)636-7000.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our quad rally is yet to be perfected. Thanks for the honest criticism. Next year we will have signs for start and end. Not sure if they we're put up because I haven't spoke to George. But Kelly told me our signs on the hiways were pulled out and taken. Some things are done last minute because people have pulled down flagging tape and so on. Thanks for letting us know because this quad rally is just much as yours as much it is ours. We couldn't do it if it weren't for you all. We are very greatful. If anyone has suggestions do not hesitate to call Carl at 780-636-2549.

It's pretty hard to do anything about people pulling down signs. For that exact reason, the ATV club I belong to now waits until the day before their rally to put up trail markers.

Great rally by the way!

Franny

Reaction score
We'll here's Dylan Smillie from Lacombe he won 3rd prize the trip for 2 to Las Vegas

Franny

Reaction score
Also Dallas of Fort Saskatchewan won the door prize from Hawk I's liquor store. It was too much out of his way so we delivered.
75e0ae44ae2b9e1a07423854d3b15c67.jpg

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
Great rally...had lots of fun with great types of riding throughout trail system!��. Would love to come to the summer rally....same place? Also, does the band allow riding during weekends on any of the trails?

Franny

Reaction score
Great rally...had lots of fun with great types of riding throughout trail system!��. Would love to come to the summer rally....same place? Also, does the band allow riding during weekends on any of the trails?
I'm not sure exactly where they will be doing registration just yet but George and I are making the trail and organizing the mud bogg. We are not entirely in charge but they will let us know during the next 2 months. As for trails we go out a lot riding with our families if your interested maybe set up a weekend with George and he could probably take you out for the day. His # is 780-646-3416.

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
That should be a fun time.....make the trail similar to the first half from last weekend, lots of fun��
ill be sure to give George a call in the next couple weeks...happy trails!

Top Bottom