Good Snowmobiling gloves??

bchoro

Reaction score
i'm looking for a good pair of winter snomwmobiling gloves.
wondering who carries Scott Warrior gloves in edmonton. my old pair were reimas and appearently scott bought them out? any suggestions would be great. thanks

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple different gloves, I have a set of Castle gloves, and a pair of Klim PowerXcross. the castle's are great for colder weather, a little on the bulky side. Picked up the Klims last year and they are very dry light weight, and easier to hold on to the handle bars with. I had a pair of Yamaha gloves and they were terrible, the palms wore out with in half of one season.:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple different gloves, I have a set of Castle gloves, and a pair of Klim PowerXcross. the`caste's are great for colder weather, a little on the bulky side. Picked up the Klims last year and they are very dry light weight, and easier to hold on to the handle bars with. I had a pair of Yamaha gloves and they were terrible, the palms wore out with in half of one season.:d
JKlim ones are good, RU Outside, (R.U. Outside snowmobile boots and gloves, winter clothing, motorcycle jackets, windproof balaclavas, thermal base layer, neoprene supports, merino wool socks and more) a mail order outfit in the states has a few different ones, most are good, fairly reasonably priced too, HMK makes a good light glove, very water resistant. I have a couple of pairs of
Doo gloves that I like for the colder days.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True North Recreation..makes the best gloves in my opinion...have Klim and a number of others...no comparison...have a look on line..see what ya think.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JKlim ones are good, RU Outside, (R.U. Outside snowmobile boots and gloves, winter clothing, motorcycle jackets, windproof balaclavas, thermal base layer, neoprene supports, merino wool socks and more) a mail order outfit in the states has a few different ones, most are good, fairly reasonably priced too, HMK makes a good light glove, very water resistant. I have a couple of pairs of Doo gloves that I like for the colder days.
Summiteer is understating when he says "a couple pair". He must own 50 pairs of gloves by now.:d

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a light pair of HMK gloves that are my favorite. Not sure the name of them but they are grey & black and are perfect with the hand warmers on low in almost any weather.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use two pairs of gloves. The first pair is the Bombi brand of snowcross gloves and they are not to bad. The pair I use the most now is sold through the Snap-on tool dealers and it is their cold weather mechanics glove. They are very comfortable, have really good grip, but you have to have the handwarmers on. When they do get wet I just wring them out and they don't feel cold at all.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the Klim gloves, better than all the others trust me.

Also have a pair of Castle gloves that work pretty well, seem to never dry out but stay warm...

PM Heinracing on here, he's great with customer service and why not buy from a fellow S&M'er....

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a couple pair of mech gloves work good heat on low, bought pair of klim powderxcross seem like a good gloves.:d:beer:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with klim, i have two pairs they are great, worth the $$$$

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Disclaimer;this picture was STOLEN from another thread therefore I can neither confirm or deny wether these are good gloves.

Lanko

Reaction score
I must be missing something with the KLIM gloves, they are OK, but for the cost I don't think they are anything special, I have the togwotee and the powercross and neither seem any better than a good decent pair of snowboarding gloves for half the price. I just bought a pair of the True North Adventure Gear boondocker glove(bought them at the Edmonton sled show for $60) wore them for a bit two weeks ago but it was pretty mild out so didn't get a great read on them yet, will report after this weekend. Not knocking the KLIM or anybody who wears them, I have 3 pair I just don't feel like I'm getting a $100 worth of glove. Keep in mind I'm a bit of a sweater so I think a lot of time the moisture is coming from my hands and not the snow.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two pair that I use for all of my colder weather riding (MX gloves for spring).
Scott- http://scottusa.com/product/1177/7304/g_32 Great glove very durable and warm. I've used the same set for 3 seasons now and I'm very pleaed with them!
True Adventure Gear- TAGear I just got it this year but it feels like a great lightweight glove that is water and wind proof as well as breathable. I've heard nothing but great things about this glove. I'll know more soon if we ever get some snow.
Good luck!

Lanko

Reaction score
Does anyone sell these TA gloves around Edmonton.

Apex, like I said in my previous post I bought mine at the Edmonton Sled Show, I am pretty sure I bought them at the Snobunje Canada booth. Slight correction I bought the storm glove not the boondocker like I had mentioned in my post, I am pretty sure that Snobunje Canada(retail for approx. $80) has a website so you can probably get them shipped, have not seen them in Edmonton at any sled shop but I usually only go to Martin or Cycle Works. Just found their website and they are located out of Red Deer so they're pretty close by.

Last edited:

Apex162

Reaction score
Apex, like I said in my previous post I bought mine at the Edmonton Sled Show, I am pretty sure I bought them at the Snobunje Canada booth. Slight correction I bought the storm glove not the boondocker like I had mentioned in my post, I am pretty sure that Snobunje Canada(retail for approx. $80) has a website so you can probably get them shipped, have not seen them in Edmonton at any sled shop but I usually only go to Martin or Cycle Works. Just found their website and they are located out of Red Deer so they're pretty close by.

I bought at the Snobunje from them and did see the gloves there, should have bought them then. Thanks will look into Red Deer

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim gloves are likely made for them by some other company, like a few of their other products. Find out who and you don't have to pay extra for the yellow logo. At $100 bucks for a pair of gloves I would go with a company like Black Diamond. Highly technical gloves. Myself, I ended up with a pair of LEATHER snowomibling gloves and so far they have been one of my favourite pairs.....and I have about 6 or 7 pair!

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom