good shop for lift kits in edmonton

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my trucks getting a height adjustment soon and im wondering what shops everyone has used and what they thought of quality of the job v.s. the price looking at a 4'' no higher and i need the traction bars axle wrap is gonna kill my rearend soon lol
2010 f250 diesel

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt lift it the cops are starting to crack down on lifts my buddy got stopped today with a 4 inch lift on his ford superduty and got a warning i know this is what u didnt want to here but iam just letting u know :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Other option is just a 2" lift so you can stuff bigger tires under it...... Less than a grand, and works awesome. Pm me if ya like and i can give ya some info on it.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a max bumper and headlight height above the road surface, not sure what it is but should be easy to find out. if your over the max height... well...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a max bumper and headlight height above the road surface, not sure what it is but should be easy to find out. if your over the max height... well...

yep

been warned of this many times

but they dont care.

just said they COULD care if i was a dick haha

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 7" lift with 37" tires on my 08 f350 , got it done at four wheel parts on mayfield road , went through a bit of bullshat with them , there work is good in the back but the sales guys up front should know there stuff a little better than they do , you would expect that they are the pro's and should give out some options with pro's and con's , don't think I will go back , my last truck 03 f350 they put a 4" in and was 100%

my truck attracts a ton of attention from the cops , only hastled me for tinted windows , removed it , they still stop me to check if they are tinted , I run flares and mudflaps so it give them no other reason .

if you don't want to lift your truck thats cool but stfu if some of us do , just sayin:rant:

motrhed

Reaction score
I would highly recommend Four Wheel Performance (on 111 ave), I have been dealing with them for 20+ years. Russ and Tim have more technical expertise and hands on experience than any other shop in the area. They have built or supplied parts to more quality rigs than any other shop I know of in the province.
Good guys, good products, and experienced wrenches.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't step foot in 4 wheel performance again if they were the last place in edmonton. They are absolutely terrible. Haven't been there in about 3 years but the few times I did go there the guys knew nothing but though they knew it all, were a$$holes, and if they didn't think you were going to spend like $2-3k or something didn't care.

The best and only place in the city I will go to is interior offroad. Heck I was just in there for $5 for some shock bushings and they are really helpful, plus they know what they are talking about. Prices are really good to. The only downside is their hours, 8-5 M-F it's tough to get there.

I've got 8" lift and 38"s on my dodge and 5% tint never get bothered, only 1 window ticket last winter from a stupid peace officer. I don't even roll down the windows past cops. Only peace officers, they are the a$$holes who will give you tickets. No fender flares or flaps right now either and my tires stick out about 5" :d And I drive by the police station daily. I think a LOT depends on how you drive it.

I did measure the legal heights, i'm all legal. Not by much but i'm ok. Good thing dodges headlights are low on the body :d

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys

all i really need is a 2" front and a 4" back kit (almost a leveling kit) but none of them come with traction bars so thats why i was thinking of a 4" kit
im almost starting to wonder if 4" will be too much for my 5thwheel though?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys

all i really need is a 2" front and a 4" back kit (almost a leveling kit) but none of them come with traction bars so thats why i was thinking of a 4" kit
im almost starting to wonder if 4" will be too much for my 5thwheel though?

4"with 35" tires make a good driveable all around truck

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got it backwards 4" front 2" rear, will make it pretty much level, and the lift kit height is always the front height. I'm not to familiar with fords, but a 2" block in the rear shouldn't cause any axle wrap issues unless fords are really bad for it? But I doubt it.

4" will depend on the 5th wheel. My dads stock dodge 3500 sits a bit high for our fifth wheel already, couldn't have much higher of truck. Just depends on the trailer.

Traction bars are usually something you buy seperate anyways, but they are not good if you tow often (they need to be unhooked), and make the truck ride like crap. If you want to cure axle wrap the right way, you need ladder bars.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can add traction bars after. simple bolt on. like he said

but...whats the differance between ladder and traction bars?

and how much worse can they really make the ride of a 1 ton

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1 ton rides as good as a stock half ton actually :d It isn't cheap but so worth it.

Traction bars are 1 simple bar mounted from the axle to frame, no give allowed, they limit suspension movement a lot. The longer they are the better because they will allow more morement but still. Decent for preventing axle wrap though.

Ladder bars are better because they have a pivot point at the frame to allow the suspension to cycle so they can move forward and back, but not let the axle rotate or wrap. And they are two bars on the axle and merge to one on the frame.

If you do it right there is no reason a lift shouldn't result in a better ride.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only reason i get the axle wrap is from the 550hp, and the light spring pack the 250 come with compared to the 1 tones my 08 F350 never had a problem.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a lot of wrap from my f350 with 4.5" donahoe and 35" tires but spartan will do that!

The 08 and newer trucks are even worse than previous years for wrap because they increased the length of the rear springs to improve ride quality.

sprack007

Reaction score
New here and need some advice.Was lookin on kijiji last night and seen truck plus has a pro comp 6 inch lift kit for my dodge ...installed 2400 or so..is this good or should i shop around. thx

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stage 2 leveling kit from ready lift that will fit a 2008 -2011 f 350 if anyone needs one,was in the truck for a month.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of a shop, pm me if interested, I just had my truck lifted there and was throughly impressed.

Top Bottom