Good mods for sleds

Holland

Reaction score
What are some good mods for sled i have a 2009 polaris 700 and dont want to turbo or big bore but want more power or horse power

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo and BB are the good mods...lol Exhuast, Head ,Reeds and a Clutch kit& gearing maybe would be a good combo that should give you some more power or horse power

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best mods will be to lose some weight on that chassis, there are not a ton of power adders out there for the 700, remove anything for weight you can, starting with the top of the sled to lower the center of gravity (CG). The benefits of taking weight off vs adding horsepower: Less weight to get unstuck, the sled will float on the snow better, it will take less effort to ride, the more sprung weight you reduce the better the sled will handle, your CG will be lower, and you will retain the stock motor reliability. Most people are not putting down the full amount of power they are making, get a clutch kit and ditch some weight off your sled, your power to weight ratio will improve and you will wind up with a better handling sled. Win-Win.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best mods will be to lose some weight on that chassis, there are not a ton of power adders out there for the 700, remove anything for weight you can, starting with the top of the sled to lower the center of gravity (CG). The benefits of taking weight off vs adding horsepower: Less weight to get unstuck, the sled will float on the snow better, it will take less effort to ride, the more sprung weight you reduce the better the sled will handle, your CG will be lower, and you will retain the stock motor reliability. Most people are not putting down the full amount of power they are making, get a clutch kit and ditch some weight off your sled, your power to weight ratio will improve and you will wind up with a better handling sled. Win-Win.

This is the best course of action you can take.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A single pipe and NOS. I rode with a guy that had a 98 RMK 700 151 and it ripped. it may have had an SLP head as well.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^this

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a iq 700 rmk. I got unstuck by two guys with pros and they were blown away how heavy my sled was.

so lose some weight on the sled, wont be alot but a can is the cheapest mod

as far as pipes and such, the stock pipe is very well tuned and you wont gain much with a aftermarket.....

best mod would be cause its a trenching machine, try and find a pro skid for it would be your best bet

Last edited:

Holland

Reaction score
What are some good ways to reduce weight on a sled like mine and how much of a difference will I see from a clutch kit

Big_Guy

Reaction score
Clutching a polaris makes a huge difference getting that power to the track.

Holland

Reaction score
I have tried to find a clutch kits for my sled and the epi pro series seems to come up lots would you recommend that one and it says it only fits 2008/2007 but no 2009 700, will those fit on my sled

Holland

Reaction score
Re: Good mods for sledsI have tried to find a clutch kits for my sled and the epi pro series seems to come up lots would you recommend that one and it says it only fits 2008/2007 but no 2009 700, will those fit on my sled

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first thing I do to any sled is pull all of the foam out of it. (besides the seat )
Then the next thing I do is look at changing the can.
I always save all the goodies I pull off a sled to drop weight and then it motivates me to peel them off the next sled...
truth is if you find a way to take 20lbs of you will notice gains in improvement simalar to 10 or so hp maybe more, and if you can loose weight plus gain hp the fun factor goes way up.

Its simple really it comes down to hp. per lb. including the rider.

how much power does it take to move 100lb. up 100 feet?
how much power does it take to move 80lb. up 100 feet?
you can ether remove weight or gain hp. to do the job faster.

good luck starting your mods. be careful once you start its hard to stop.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
Is there anything I would have to worry about by doing this mod and is there any specific one or brand of kit you would recommend

Thing to worry about no. I never put in a kit I customized my own kit putting a more progressive helix in and a stiffer primary and secondary springs in and delrin washers for better back shifting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom