Good Job in the Help wanted section

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Help wanted is waaaaaay down below...so this is a "get attention" post. LOL

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forwarded to my little brother- he would be perfect and is looking to get off the drilling side and over to the services side. Thanks for posting :)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forwarded it to my daughters boyfriend who was just planning on heading up north. Tks!!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good job for me....but I'm going to need alot more holidays, new pickup, fuel card, huge sub, and could you talk to them about bumping the wage a bit?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically....I am in the office next to the ops lead (plus he's a good friend)...and I work with mud hands every day....and I know which ones don't last. I am tired of watching these applicants come down from HR that have NO CHANCE of making it. Legally, I'm not the hiring guy....you can apply on-line (PM me for company info) and take yer chances....OR...you can send me a resume and if I think a person has a shot, I'll personally print it and walk it next door and you WILL get an interview. I have no interest in doing anything with anyone's personal info...I'm just looking for a few good guys that I believe will make it and hang around for a few years....make a go of it.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah where do I apply to be a band member or chief? Kinda getting tired of staring out the window at a drilling rig day in day out.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good job for me....but I'm going to need alot more holidays, new pickup, fuel card, huge sub, and could you talk to them about bumping the wage a bit?

You forgot the couch and big screen tv.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot the couch and big screen tv.
Don't laugh. I was on a sit-on job (on location 24/7 for 3 weeks at a time)....my own shack...with couch and 2 TV's. New company truck about every 2 yrs, 21/7 work sched with 3 weeks holidays....plus everyone ends up with 2 or 4 extra weeks off at spring break-up....fuel card, sub....

It's not bad.

My last two years in the field, all my rigs were out by Nordegg. I would hit the road at 4:30 am...pick up papers, coffee, graft in Rocky...be on the rig by 7....home by noon. Afternoons in the garage. Summers, I would roll my camper out that way and life was good.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't laugh. I was on a sit-on job (on location 24/7 for 3 weeks at a time)....my own shack...with couch and 2 TV's. New company truck about every 2 yrs, 21/7 work sched with 3 weeks holidays....plus everyone ends up with 2 or 4 extra weeks off at spring break-up....fuel card, sub....

It's not bad.

My last two years in the field, all my rigs were out by Nordegg. I would hit the road at 4:30 am...pick up papers, coffee, graft in Rocky...be on the rig by 7....home by noon. Afternoons in the garage. Summers, I would roll my camper out that way and life was good.

well look at you now, spendingmost of the summer at 16-11, who'd a thunkit. hehe.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not bad.

very rare but sweet all the same lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very rare but sweet all the same lol
Correct. I would say we have about 25% sit jobs/camp jobs. The rest are hotel jobs where you are checking one to three rigs a day and back to the hotel every night.

Edit: unless you actually live where the work is.

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna jack your thread, I am looking for P/T work in the Calgary/Airdrie area. Clean class 2 with air. Need to supplement my income on all the days I plan to have off from my regular shift

Top Bottom