gonna try my luck at polishing the deck haha

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gonna try my luck at polishing the deck

Well i started last night on polishing my marathon deck starting with the sides, heres what i got so far. I gotta pick up more supplies after work today. here's my sample that i started last night ...

I have a long ways to go and i gotta get a finer grit of sandpaper to wet sand with but this is just the beginning, i thought id give it a try for fun lol..
Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.

Last edited:

kawiford

Reaction score
How long did it take you to do that little part? Looks good right now... not sure how its going to look after a season of salt and road grime though. Polishing aluminum seems like a never ending chore. Looks awesome though good job.

Jay K

Reaction score
I use polishing wheels with polishing compound grit and a drill. Supplies available at most heavy truck supply houses. 3 different pads/grits.
Made for wheels/boxes.
Takes about 4 hours for whole deck last time I did mine. Headache rack, extension included. You get dirty, but does awesome job.
Keep at eack until you begin to see the shine with all the black crap beginning to polish off.
Do not forget to wax after completion to protect all your hard work.
Good luck.
Way easier and faster than by hand dude!!:):)

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep i have the polishing wheels with the compounds. I just want to give it a wet sand to get a couple years of crap off the deck plus a couple scratches lol. that lil part took only about 15-20 minutes. Ill post pictures along the way.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not perfect i know but it makes me happy.. and it a heck of a lot better than it was. :d:beer:

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can clear coat polished aluminum, it takes a small amount of the shine away, but then you don't have to keep re-polishing.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i got a white truck i am powder coating mine white, i figure easier then keep polishing all the time..lol

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was talking to the guys at marathon about getting to powdercoated the same color as my truck as well.. this is just a "for now" thing and it only took me a couple of hours.

Top Bottom