Golden Snow 2013

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, not the XP, that's just about where it needs to be. The '07 rev, gonna rebuild, or have it rebuilt and use it as a loner. Although a couple of the boy's wives are not happy about me walking around with a neck brace and talking about taking them out for the first time.

so a bit stiff then eh? thats chitty how are the teeth?

I am going to try for a midweek rip next week myself if anyone is interested

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turned out to be two fractured vertebrae Shawn. Lucky to ride outta there. Haven't dealt with the teeth yet, 4 chipped. I'll be back out late january, see ya then.

so a bit stiff then eh? thats chitty how are the teeth?

I am going to try for a midweek rip next week myself if anyone is interested

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out in quartz yesterday. Probably close to a foot of fresh at higher elevations, a lot of tracks had been filled in. Was an awesome day, our group of four and 3 other people was all we saw all day. Just as we were headed back to the truck around 4ish it looked like some serious weather was coming in. Happened to be right behind the groomer on the way back made for a nice smooth trail after a big day of riding. The new 2013 m8 limited has been running awesome, and is amazing me more and more!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Group hug! :D

snow down low still needs some help, they about 50-60% of what they normally are this time of year for depth.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a bit of a bumpy ride tomorrow when we leave the lot around 10AM as scheduled, but better/good up top. Looking forward to riding Quartz/Golden area this weekend.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone down for a day ride to Silent or Quartz? Send me a PM

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz yesterday. Rode mostly in the trees! Best snow was held in there. Some aspects wind hammered and some filled in reeeeal nice!! Area 51 was awesome but didn't get to hammer it too bad as it was near the end of the day. Maybe next time! Down low is still thin. The best snow is around treeline.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Silent and Quartz.
Both are VERY wind burnt in open areas and both have way less than normal snow
Trees were ok
Buds in Revy have way better snow but poor vis

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz Saturday, and Logging roads today. I felt Quartz was great, we never hit a rock or dug up dirt, played in powder all over the area beyond the cabin, up high and in the trees. Most might be used to more, but there was no disappointment there for me. DO NOT go on the logging roads if you are expecting groomed trail conditions. We were not expecting groomed conditions, but it was lots of brush, downed trees and rocks down low. At higher elevations there there was plenty of powder, but getting there was not good. Give it a a couple of more dumps before taking roads down low, or be warned of the condition they are currently in.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ski hill is saying 7cm,
the bulliten for rogers pass will be out at 0900 ish.
go to click on latest bulletins click on glacier national park, click on weather observations and it tell you temps and snow fall for 1300m and 1905m.
and look at B.C.Highway Cams for rogers pass highway cam, it also has 2 cams at donald bridge so yu dont have to take my biased opinion

oh, it snowed about 6cm yesterdy at 2000m, and 3-4cm last nite here, snowing again now ... lightly

DID YOU SEE FERNIE !!!
ski hil says 37cm, and 127cm in last 7 days.

kimberley got 20cm !!!

there are better places to be than golden ... sorry GSR

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so no bull-sheet ...

puked all day !!!
still puking !!!

good luck on the highways ...

maybe should go shovel driveway for the 3rd time 2day

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alpine is schralped ...

think ... trees ...

009-2_zpsd81f0191.jpg

waz fun ...

011-1_zpsf12b2462.jpg

High stuck!

Reaction score
Just got on road from MB heading your way, whats the story like riding Gorman and Hope how are the conditions. should we carry on to Revy or will Golden not disappoint

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
coming that far Carry on,was in Quartz 24th.great dry snow,but as base concerted up pretty good,not as much fun as wknd
hopes getting tracked,and can see stuff starting to move on bigger terrain soon

Top Bottom