Golden Snow 2013

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Silent yesterday...the most sleds I've seen there in a long time. Trail is good from the 35k ish parking to McMurdo bridge after that is a whoop fest :) Not a lot of parking or turn around room it was a big clusterf&$ck yesterday with trailers having nowhere to turn around. Snow was great, the main areas are tracked up which is expected with the traffic, but it's deep and a good base. The lake has slush on the top, it's frozen, but very slushy on top. I made the mistake of taking off in a carve and burned out a good foot into the slush :eek: Open holes and creeks still, but getting there. Saw ALOT of sketchy areas being ridden and some peeps that could use some avy education. 5 dudes on a hill...two stuck and three riding around them on one of the worse slopes in Silent pass for slides, a steep face you never see many peeps on for that reason. Trigger points galore...convex rolls, solo trees and exposed rocks on a steep, loaded face...perfect recipe for disaster! :( Play safe peeps and consider some avy training this season if you don't have any :)

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm rather pleased with this sled accessory ...

003.jpg

mtnrev

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Quartz has been groomed yet

Sent from my mobile

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
word around town is 140 registered sleds at quartz creek satdy !!!

i dont plan on going 2moro,
but I'd like to think they groom it 2nite eh?

thiels2

Reaction score
For the most part it is very tracked up some fresh left in trees. Was out sat at Quartz and was a zoo some people are beyond help no common sense at all I seen it all sat.. as many as 4 or 5 guys on the same slope sometimes they were stuck guys riding above them.. guys that could barely operate a sled at all almost crashing into trucks and trailers in parking lot guess they are trying to impress everyone with the fact they have a can on there sled?. Had my gf out shes fairly new to mountain riding trail was very rough guys pass ppl going 100kmh on whooped corners with no control. I think it was 3 groups that passed her and our group on the way back. Almost not even worth riding weekends in popular areas anymore.. these areas are packed full of retards and parking lot heroes.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
For the most part it is very tracked up some fresh left in trees. Was out sat at Quartz and was a zoo some people are beyond help no common sense at all I seen it all sat.. as many as 4 or 5 guys on the same slope sometimes they were stuck guys riding above them.. guys that could barely operate a sled at all almost crashing into trucks and trailers in parking lot guess they are trying to impress everyone with the fact they have a can on there sled?. Had my gf out shes fairly new to mountain riding trail was very rough guys pass ppl going 100kmh on whooped corners with no control. I think it was 3 groups that passed her and our group on the way back. Almost not even worth riding weekends in popular areas anymore.. these areas are packed full of retards and parking lot heroes.
100 percent agree!! Sh!t show out there. I don't get the race down the trail at the end of the day either.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 percent agree!! Sh!t show out there. I don't get the race down the trail at the end of the day either.

I don't go to quartz for a reason. Last time, which has been a few winters now, I did I had my gf with me and she has been on a sled for a few years. She knows to keep to one side whenever possible and watch for sleds behind her so they can pass. She just needed to be taught to do such.

I don't have a problem with people racing to get down. But newer and sometimes experienced riders need to learn to pay attention to what is going on around them and allow riders to pass. Some people want to ride slow sure no big deal. But allow others the room to pass when they want.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

sledwrek

Reaction score
Seems like most people have the common courtesy to stay to the one side of the trail if they are taking their time getting down to the parking lot. Obviously when you are doing 40 mph on the trail, its going to seem like people are passing you at a high rate of speed, but most people are trying to get by and back to their side of the trail quickly to avoid any other traffic that may be coming the other direction, no different than a highway in my opinion. Is there a "speed limit" that is posted anywhere that people are to follow? If there is i am unaware and will continue to pass slower riders when safe to do so on the way up and down the trail. Just my two cents....

jrcactus

Reaction score
Seems like most people have the common courtesy to stay to the one side of the trail if they are taking their time getting down to the parking lot. Obviously when you are doing 40 mph on the trail, its going to seem like people are passing you at a high rate of speed, but most people are trying to get by and back to their side of the trail quickly to avoid any other traffic that may be coming the other direction, no different than a highway in my opinion. Is there a "speed limit" that is posted anywhere that people are to follow? If there is i am unaware and will continue to pass slower riders when safe to do so on the way up and down the trail. Just my two cents....

Agreed, my 8 year old has been on that trail many times and as frequently as he looks back to make sure I'm behind him still he pulls over while other sleds approach.
We usually come down the hill a bit earlier so its not the rush hr race to the staging area.

thiels2

Reaction score
Ya theres nothing wrong with passing on the trail but ppl need to think pass when safe to do so and show some patience make sure the group your passing is aware of it.. Im talking about guys passing in dumb spots which puts eveyone in danger including themselves. Like you said its like driving on a highway alot of the same concepts can apply to the trail ride. Would you pass someone on a double solid blind corner on ice? Im thinking you would probably wait. If people think doing this is ok they should stay home and drag race in a farmers field and determine who has the ''fastest'' mountain sled there. Thats my 2 cents.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay...back on topic as everyone agrees.

I am taking a weekend off I think. I will be watching for updates. If the snow was absolutely awesome I wouldn't be taking a weekend off.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`m taking 5-6 weeks off. Sled 1- Bayman`s neck 0. Should be lotsa snow when I get out again. Dan, seeing you are taking the weekend off, you should stop by and pull the motor on my rev for shits and giggles. Can`t help much, but can twist top and pass.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulling it again?

Fire me off a message. I am sure we can find ways to get in trouble in the garage.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, not the XP, that's just about where it needs to be. The '07 rev, gonna rebuild, or have it rebuilt and use it as a loner. Although a couple of the boy's wives are not happy about me walking around with a neck brace and talking about taking them out for the first time.
Pulling it again?

Fire me off a message. I am sure we can find ways to get in trouble in the garage.

Top Bottom