Golden Quartz/Gorman March 15-17

geordiep

Reaction score
My buddy is now going. We are leaving Friday AM and riding Silent or Hope Friday. May meet up for a Saturday ride. Smitty's @ 8AM sounds good. We will be in White Ram 3500 with XM and ProClimb. PM me if anything changes.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smitty's at 8 sounds like a plan. Tippet and I will be in an orange/copper '01 Chevy with a Summit and a Mountain Max in tow.

This is our second trip out west so we'll go about anywhere that's relatively safe for a couple newbies!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of heading up to silent pass on Saturday never been there befo would be nice to ride with someone that knows it

2dogs4u

Reaction score
Rode Hope March 2. Snow was heavy and deep, did a lot of digging. Avy was extreme so did not go all the way back. If there is more new snow on top it should be a good ride.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Hope last weekend, trail up was brutal. 11km of large mogals makes for a tough ride out after a long hard day riding. the road was frozen from the night on the way in, but softened up so bad thru out the day, it took over an hour and a half to get back to the highway.

robhayward

Reaction score
East Quartz maybe?

Rode Hope last weekend, trail up was brutal. 11km of large mogals makes for a tough ride out after a long hard day riding. the road was frozen from the night on the way in, but softened up so bad thru out the day, it took over an hour and a half to get back to the highway.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East quartz was impassible from the quartz side tried it a few weeks back waterfall has huge 15' holes and gaps everywhere with big bolders exposed.. I have heard of a few guys get in from the Gorman side though. good luck.

Going up through the creek is a pretty dangerous way to get in. The entire southwest facing slope drains into there, if it ever went they wouldn't find you until summer! When you come to the end of the road you should be able to pick your way up through the trees on the right. It's a lot safer way to get in there.

robhayward

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good sized crew going. I'm heading out with a single sled on my deck tonight or tomorrow am. Anyone want to join up? 1 ton duramax can pull a trailer too. 587 999 0669

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of us will be leaving red deer at 4am. See you at smittys at 8ish!

geordiep

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass today (Friday). It was deep but very heavy snow. Heavy clouds so no one broke over to the back side. About 30 riders out and there is not much left. It became very choppy concrete by late afternoon. Tough to ride.

Met a guy who rode Quartz today and said lots of fresh. Snow was fluffy, not heavy. I am not a fan of Quartz but that is where we plan to ride tomorrow. My buddy won't be here till about 9AM so I won't be at Smitty's for 8AM.

I have a Gorman Rhino GPS radio and will monitor channel 7 if you have a radio. If youhave a Rhino my Poll name is GJP.

I ride an orange 2012 A/C ProClimb and buddies have 08 yellow XP, and black XM. Come and say hi if you see us.

geordiep

Reaction score
I would drive down from Days Inn at 8AM to meet you all, but today's riding buddy had to book it home. My sled is sitting all alone in a parking lot stall. :eek: New buddy is picking me up at 9AM. Hope he makes it.

The sh!t you do to ride.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys we made it into town. Roads between banff and golden kinda suck.

see ya for breakfast! Just look for the two dudes in the orange/copper chevy (with beards haha)

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In case you guys are running behind and check this, we're headed to Quartz.

:chopper:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We decided against two-days this weekend and came back home tonight. Quartz today was a lot of fun and the weather was great.

Sorry, no pics from me but maybe Adam will post a few.

To the guys we met in the morning who were headed to Silent, how was that?

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road is plowed to km 24. Rutted to 35. The snow was wet a little heavy and still deep. It was good in the trees. Still no one going over the top but a few peeps playing under a pretty big cornice.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We decided against two-days this weekend and came back home tonight. Quartz today was a lot of fun and the weather was great.

Sorry, no pics from me but maybe Adam will post a few.

To the guys we met in the morning who were headed to Silent, how was that?
Where's all your video?

Top Bottom